Job Title: Android Developers
Job location: Seattle, WA
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
We are seeking a lead android developer to join our Starbucks Web and Mobile Engineering team and help contribute to our groundbreaking mobile initiatives. This is a great opportunity for an experienced, passionate lead android developer to apply their skills and leadership to highly visible and innovative mobile apps. As the lead android developer you will work closely with other developers and designers to drive the evolution of, and expansion into, new technology areas and market segments.
The ideal candidate will be involved throughout the entire life cycle of high complexity Android application development projects including, but not limited to: research and analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, training, and documentation – following and evolving standards and procedures.
Android Developers | Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with business partners, other Information Technology (IT) teams and senior application developers to arrive at recommendations for technology decisions. This includes systems design and modifications. Initiates process improvements for new and existing systems.
- Designs, develops, implements, documents, and tests changes to an application subsystem. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and implements complex software applications. Creates more complex prototypes and ensures deliverables are high quality and meet user expectations. Supports system and integration testing activities. Initiates design reviews for new applications and adheres to software development standards.
- Leads, coaches, and mentors other team members. Performs cross-training and facilitates information sharing among team members. Assist with management of team tasks, projects, and performance reviews.
- Provides supervision and guidance in requirements gathering and functional specification activities. Collaborates with Functional Analysts in completing deliverables. Translates business requirements and functional designs into technical designs. Assists with development of functional designs and resolves complex design issues. Acts as senior technical expert to analyze the business needs.
- Recommends and establishes new software development, testing and documentation standards. Monitors and ensures compliance of standards.
- Resolves or assists with escalated software application issues as needed. Leads and coordinates activities to develop and execute plans to mitigate occurrence and reoccurrence of production issues.
- Oversees and contributes to the documentation of production support processes. Anticipates long term support issues and plans for corrective actions. Supervises and collaborates with support teams to ensure complex issues are resolved in a timely manner.
Android Developers | Requirements:
- 7+ years’ experience with Java and Eclipse IDE
- 2+ years’ experience with the Android SDK
- Worked on at least one publically-available app (please provide link to the app(s) in Google Play)
- Experience as a team lead, providing oversight and mentorship to a team of developers
- Expertise in architecting/designing/developing highly performant Android applications across a spectrum of OS-versions, devices, and resolutions
- Expertise building apps that communicate with RESTful services
- Expertise in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, complexity analysis, and debugging
- Experience implementing and/or consuming oAuth secured services desired
- Experience developing apps for both mobile and tablet Android devices desired
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in programming languages
- Ability to quickly learn new application systems and technologies
- Knowledge of basic project management framework and methodology
- Ability to accurately break down complex application designs into component deliverables and estimate design and development timelines
- Requires Strong Systems Life Cycle methodology experience
- Know how to collaborate with cross functional team, dealing with ambiguity, able to prioritize work, and team player
- Mentoring, coaching and leading other technical team members
Starbucks is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities.