Full-Time Job: iOS Engineer, Portland, OR (eBAY)
Job Title: iOS Engineers
Job location: Portland, OR
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
Are you looking to be challenged technically while guiding mobile architecture for apps that are used by millions? Are you passionate about iOS/Mac OS X? We want to talk to you!
The eBay Mobile Architecture group is looking for a iOS Engineer/Architect to design and implement solutions for native iOS apps. This is an amazing opportunity to join a world leader in mobile commerce to directly impact the lives of a global population.
Who are we?
The eBay Mobile Architecture group provides architectural support for our native app teams, and increase the performance and stability through engineering best practices. We represent the concerns of native mobile client applications used by millions of active users in the design of eBay’s web APIs.
iOS Engineers | Responsibilities:
- Drive design/architectural direction and discussions.
- Design and implement elegant solutions that will be used by our iOS app teams.
- Collaborate with other architects (iOS, Android, Windows) to create and document application architectures that support extensibility and re-use, and actively seek opportunities to leverage industry standard solutions
- Standards evangelism – requires extensive knowledge of architecture standards, a passion for advocating their correct usage and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly collaborative – work across the company to drive adoption of technical standards, design principles and architecture methodologies
- Develop prototypes to demonstrate the merits of a proposed solution
- Demonstrate strong problem solving ability and analytical skills
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to other engineers
- Maintain a broad knowledge of new technology tools and trends, and apply that knowledge to architectural designs
iOS Engineers | Requirements:
Must be eligible to work in the US, sorry no 3rd parties.
- The ideal candidate will have a record of inventive and innovative problem solving in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and a history of effective and respected technical leadership within a talented and highly skilled engineering organization.
- 8 years minimum software design and development experience working on large projects
- Extensive experience with iOS and Mac OS X
- Fluency in Objective-C, C, C++. Java and C# are a bonus
- Must have experience consuming web service APIs, designing APIs are a bonus
- Passionate about coding (our Architects design and implement code)
- Strong communication and evangelistic skills
- Extensive experience with technical problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting
- Experience with large-scale high traffic web sites such as eBay, Amazon, Google, Yahoo, etc.
- Experience with performance analysis techniques to develop architectures that can achieve performance objectives.
- Infrastructure, Operations & Data Centre architecture design experience is preferred
- Solid and demonstrable understanding of object-oriented design patterns and principles
- Strong preference for experience with low-level networking, including protocol-level debugging of TCP, HTTP, and SPDY.
Mobile related news articles:
- Bloomberg Video: http://bloom.bg/1nJJrWW
- WSJ Video: http://on.wsj.com/1l5kCRZ
- Marketing Week: http://bit.ly/1cFCQmH
- The Guardian: http://bit.ly/1cpH4wV
- TechCrunch: http://tcrn.ch/1oae3Og
- Ecommerce Bytes: http://bit.ly/1oaeQ1E