Job Title: iOS Engineer
Job location: Brooklyn, NY
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
We’re looking for an iOS developer to head a development team producing an innovative suite of children’s apps. You should be passionate about children’s media and making finely crafted apps for kids ages 3-10. We’re looking for a strong leader who’s comfortable vocalizing ideas and opinions (and not just about software!). Our aim is to build a flexible framework that allows for rapid releases of subsequent apps down the line.
You’ll be responsible for developing a shared code base for our comprehensive app suite, building our first set of apps from scratch, growing your own development team, and collaborating with all key Tinybop team members to ship and quickly iterate on our ambitious product line. You should be someone who builds clean, well-documented modular code and is comfortable in a leadership role. Do you love smooth animation, physics engines, and game theory? If so, this may be the right place for you.
For this job we need you to be local (that means the NYC area).
iOS Engineer | Requirements:
- A love toys, games, and picture books.
- An impressive portfolio (we’d love to see a few apps you’ve shipped).
- A breadth of experience w/ xcode/cocos2d/unity3D/core graphics.
- Experience architecting, developing and testing iOS apps.
- Experience with animation, gaming, and physics engines.
- Fluency in iOS testing.
- Great writing and communication skills.
- A good handle on interaction design with backend systems.
- Awesome side projects.
- Strong opinions on how to best set up efficient workflows.
iOS Engineer | Preferred:
- Active contributions to open-source projects.
- Expertise in kids and/or education apps.
- An eye for typography and design.
- A sense of humor + a love of storytelling.
What to expect:
- An environment where you’ll be expected to lead a team and be self-directed.
- A team-based approach where teams are small and given lots of autonomy.
- An environment where all ideas are given consideration.