Job Title: Android Engineer
Job location: Bellevue, WA
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
You have a solid career programming Java. You have a portfolio of Android applications built for 2.x and 4.x. that include technologies such as: LBS, Push and Social APIs. You share our passion for good UX/UI design and have a strong background in building compelling touch & gesture interfaces using Android’s and 3rd party UI libraries like Picasso, ActionBar Sherlock. Experience with html5/mobile web and integration tools like Jenkins is highly appreciated.
Android Engineer | Responsibilities:
- Creation, implementation and maintenance of our native Android application.
- Leverage your considerable experience and knowledge of best practices building mobile solutions to build a beautiful easy to use app.
- Craft beautiful and well-documented code, follow best practices, hit deadlines, exercise professionalism (in what you do and how you do it), and maintain an active interest in the overall success of what we’re building as a company, beyond just the scope of your projects.
Android Engineer | Requirements:
- Have 5 or more years of professional software engineering experience of which, at least 2+ years were devoted to Android
- Demonstrate expert-level Java and Android SDK skills
- Have hands-on experience with local data storage using SQLLite, LBS, Push notification
- Be comfortable with tools deploying and testing Android apps.
- Have worked with and tested Android Camera features across several devices
- Have a BS in Computer Science or related discipline
- Above all, have an insatiable desire and ability to learn
- Nice to have
- Experience working with a marketplace
- Working knowledge of ecommerce payment systems
- Ground floor opportunity to be a part of a company that is transforming how people buy and sell locally; you will help shape the direction of the business
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical Insurance
- Apple equipment
- Company sponsored happy hours
- Free lunch Fridays
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage