Job Title: iOS Mobile Engineer
Job location: Bothell, WA
Employer: McGraw-Hill Education
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
McGraw-Hill Education has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mobile Engineer (iOS) with our MHE Digital Platforms Group located in Bottell, WA. The Senior Mobile Engineer (iOS) position works with members of the mobile development team to produce mobile applications that support the business goals of MHE. The Senior Mobile Engineer (iOS) is expected to take the lead on a small to mid-sized project, ensuring that the entire application is both functional and performs well. The Senior Mobile Engineer (iOS) is responsible for the program architecture of the projects assigned, and thus must not only be a skilled coder, but must be able to maintain a vision of the application as a whole.
iOS Mobile Engineer | Responsibilities:
- Builds competitive dynamic mobile applications leveraging defined infrastructure and application patterns while improving time to market and increasing quality.
- Leads a project team of Engineers through development phases, utilizing a combination of in-house and vendor teams. Sets and oversees project team strategy and steers creation and delivery of mobile applications.
- Coordinates best development approach with Architects, Engineers, Database Developers, User Experience Designers and others. Ensure relevant technical decisions area documented, organized and consistent across projects.
- Mentor to new or less seasoned Mobile Engineers. Works closely with Platform Architects to ensure consistency and interoperability across projects and identify and define new best practices. Drives best practices throughout the Engineering team.
- Works with editorial, management staff, and customers to determine the technical and business requirements for an application.
- Provide continuous production support during the life of an application.
iOS Mobile Engineer | Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years professional software development experience and must possess a high comfort level with object oriented technologies
- Minimum 3 years in mobile application development with iPhone/iPad
- Must have strong understanding of iOS, iPhone SDK, Objective C, Cocoa design patterns
- Must have strong understanding of the Xcode developer tool chain and Instruments
- Extensive hands-on experience creating custom UI controls, consuming RESTful APIs, designing protocols, implementing delegate interfaces, animations, and performance optimization
- Focus on high standards and thorough development, testing and delivering high-quality products
- Knowledge of other languages like C, C++
- Strong software design skills and experience with proven design and architecture patterns
- Ability to consume specifications, give feedback, provide estimates and translate into implementation
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members
- Good knowledge of API development
- Experience in programming with external API services including XML / JSON
- One or more apps in the Apple App Store
- Able to research and solve problems on his/her own using Google, newsgroups, vendor support and other external resources
- Strong ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences in both written and verbal forms
- Comfortable representing application development interests in cross-departmental meetings and brainstorms
- Must be proactive and willing to identify opportunities for improvement, propose solutions and see them through to completion
McGraw-Hill Education is a digital learning company that draws on its more than 100 years of educational expertise to offer solutions which improve learning outcomes around the world. McGraw-Hill Education is the adaptive education technology leader with the vision for creating a highly personalized learning experience that prepares students of all ages for the world that awaits. The Company has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in more than 65 languages. For additional information, visit www.mheducation.com.
McGraw-Hill Education is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.