Job Title: Android Engineer
Job location: San Francisco, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
Join our early stage mobile engineering team which currently consists of 5 developers, 1 designer, and a product owner as we build our Android and iOS mobile app presence. TaskRabbit is on the verge of something really big and we will look to you for best practices around app development and testing as we build consumer apps for helping people get things done.
Android Engineer | Responsibilities:
We’re looking for a passionate mobile engineer who has experience building a series of consumer Android apps for the Google Play store. You’ll be working to build Android apps that are actively used by the TaskRabbit community to post and complete tasks in our marketplace. This is a critical role in the company and a crucial part of how TaskRabbit community members make money. As an early team member, you will be playing a central role in the architecture and design of our Android apps and will have a lot of influence over how things get done.
Android Engineer | Requirements:
- Experience building native mobile applications for the Android operating system
- A passion for building amazing consumer products that delight users and make their lives easier
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience (3+ Years).
- Agile. Intelligent. Creative. Problem-solver. Startup lover. You love making things happen.
Android Engineer | Preferred:
- Experience with TDD, especially on mobile.
- Experience in Ruby and Rails. Our well-tested web application backend uses Rails and MySQL.
- Contributed to an open source software project
- You’ve done a Task on the site and have ideas on how to make it better.
- In addition to working with the smartest team of entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors on the planet, TaskRabbit team members get a ton of perks:
- Moola: Cash comp paired with equity — we are looking for the best and will pay them accordingly.
- Challenge: The opportunity for growth in a fast-paced progressive company is yours for the taking.
- Tasks: A monthly Task stipend, which is sort of like having your own 24/7 concierge army.
- Benefits: Great health coverage and dental benefits, a flexible spending account, 401k plans, laundry service, and regular lunches on the company’s dime.
- Education: A series of Lunch and Learn events — we call it Learnch — along with in-office mentoring opportunities and access to the TaskRabbit library.
- Office: A huge, dog-friendly SOMA loft built to accommodate collaboration, with two fully stocked kitchens and a game room. Great location in SOMA (5 blocks from CalTrain, 3 blocks from BART).
- Entertainment: Tons of video games. Pingpong, and an online leaderboard created in Heroku
TaskRabbit is on a mission to empower people to do what they love. We’re the pioneers of “service networking” — it’s like social networking, except instead of tagging embarrassing photos of each other, arguing about politics, or putting a baby photo where a profile snapshot should be, our members help each other save time and earn some money.
We’ve already raised more than $36 million through investors including Baseline Ventures, First Round Capital, FLOODGATE FUND, LightSpeed Venture Partners, Founders Fund and Shasta Ventures. We’re building a peer-to-peer marketplace that safely and reliably connects neighbors to get things done through the melding of social, location-based, and mobile technologies.
We’re getting down and/or dirty with social graph analysis and analytics-driven optimization, with an eye toward user experience that’s both pleasant and frictionless.
We’re a mission-driven business and our culture is fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded people who believe in moving the economy to a more collaborative place — and having a ton of fun while they’re at it.