Full-Time Job: Android Mobile Engineer, Menlo Park, CA (Facebook)
Job Title: Android Engineer
Job location: Menlo Park, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
Every day, more than 250 million people access Facebook using Android mobile devices from across the world. The Facebook Mobile team constantly pushes the boundaries of the Facebook Mobile experience, as a leader in an exciting and fast-paced industry that is evolving daily. We are seeking full-time Android Engineers to join the Mobile team. As a Facebook Mobile Software Engineer, you will specialize in building elegant products on world-class technologies that bring the Facebook experience to hundreds of millions of people, anytime and anywhere.
We are looking for someone that has strong experience developing user interfaces for applications on Android using Android SDK. If you are interested in joining a world-class team of passionate people and industry veterans who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Android Engineer | Responsibilities:
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customize the Facebook experience for the Android platform
- Prototype new and redesign features
- Strong coding abilities and experience with Java and Android SDK
- A focus on UI design principles and making apps work intuitively
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products
Android Engineer | Requirements
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or 4+ years in relevant work experience
- 3+ years of object-oriented software development experience
- 2+ years building Android applications in Java
- 2+ years mobile application development experience (Android, J2ME or Blackberry)
- Experience in understanding large and complex code bases, including API design techniques to help keep them clean and maintainable.
- Proficient in the following technologies: Java language and related frameworks Multi-Threading and memory management specific to mobile devices Understanding of caching mechanisms
Facebook was founded in 2004. Our mission is to make the world more open and connected. People use Facebook to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what’s going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them.