Job Title: Android Developer
Job location: Portland, OR
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
As an Android Developer you’ll be working closely with our small but growing engineering team in crafting the best mobile apps the events industry has ever seen. This is an experienced position that requires fluency with the latest Java capabilities and improvements in the Android SDK. You are motivated to explore and deliver the best possible solutions to our users.
Android Developer | Responsibilities:
- You will be interpreting UI/UX requirements and mockups into functional, high-performance Android phone and tablet apps
- Research the latest technologies, test, implement, and report back to the team on what you’ve discovered
- Push the boundaries of what’s possible with creative solutions to hard, mobile-centric problems like synchronization, asynchronous APIs, and leveraging offline device capabilities
- Create intuitive, custom UI controls and interfaces that match our great user experience
Android Developer | Requirements:
- Mastery of Java, design patterns, and the Android/Eclipse developer toolchain
- Experience collaborating with senior backend and senior mobile developers in an agile environment with little supervision
- Extensive hands-on experience creating custom UI controls, consuming RESTful APIs, designing protocols, implementing delegate interfaces, animations, and performance optimization
- Understanding of the nuances of fragments and Android XML layouts, and how to create adaptive interfaces that work for both phones and tablets
- Familiarity with TDD
- Familiarity with Robotium and Roboelectric (automated UI testing and mocking) a plus
- You see all of the potential of mobile, and you know how to get the most out of the Android platform
- You’ve worked on a team and are comfortable using Git. In fact, you probably have a Github account you’ll want to show us.
What We Offer
- Good compensation—we don’t want you to starve
- Good benefits—we want you healthy
- A fun work environment—no cubes!
- A team and management that will help you improve over time—like cheese
CrowdCompass is a fast growing and successful mobile startup in SE Portland. We were recently acquired by Cvent — the world’s largest event technology company — and together, we make events, conferences, and tradeshows a lot more popular through the power of mobile (read Press Release here). Our mobile app motto: keep it simple, shareable, and social. You’ll find us always focused on the next big thing, with our heads in our iPhones, iPads, Androids, Mobile Web, and our killer CMS.
CrowdCompass has built 435 native apps so far for events of all sizes and industries. In the last year, our customers had over 500,000 downloads. Going forward our app solutions will be even better because we’re now backed by Cvent.
Cvent, Inc. (www.cvent.com) is the market leader of on-demand event management software and strategic meetings management solutions. Founded in 1999, Cvent is an 1,100-person, profitable and growing technology company headquartered in McLean, VA with international operations. Cvent offers web-based software solutions for online event registration, event management, meeting site selection, email marketing and web surveys. Cvent is built on a Microsoft .net platform and is a Software-As-A-Service (SAAS). Cvent has invested $25 million developing our products and has built a customer base of over 10,000 organizations worldwide. Representative customers include KMPG, Rolls Royce, American Marketing Association, Walmart, Exxon Mobil, Harvard University, United Way and Siemens.