Job Title: iOS Engineer
Job location: Cambridge, MA
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
As we’ve grown, we’ve become part of the care solution at institutions such as Kaiser Permanente, Novant Health, UCSF, Duke Medical and Cincinnati Children’s. In addition, Ginger.io has emerged as a leading voice in the conversation around bringing technology to behavioral health. Ginger.io is part of the Techstars network and is VC-backed by Khosla Ventures and True Ventures.
We come to work each day to revolutionize the way that care is delivered, and we’d love to have you join us.
Ginger.io is looking for an iOS developer to help drive the consumer and patient experience on iOS. Your main responsibility will be to work within the Product team to conceptualize, build, test, release and maintain the Ginger.io iOS application.
iOS Engineer | Responsibilities:
- Own full lifecycle of iOS applications: prototyping, developing, testing, deploying, and debugging
- Work with the team to ensure that the app experience is consistent between iOS and Android
- Make architectural decisions that balance the trade-off between the level of customization and complexity
- Interact with API team and Design team for resources required to build a solid, slick and performant iOS Application
- Write well-structured, maintainable, idiomatic code. Incorporate appropriate level of automated testing and documentation, depending on whether you’re prototyping or writing production code
iOS Engineer | Requirements:
- Solid understanding of Objective-C, iOS frameworks, and iOS software design patterns
- 3+ years of experience developing and deploying production iOS apps
- Strong intuition for user experience and idiomatic iOS interface design
iOS Engineer | Preferred:
- Experience leading development of an iOS app that has scaled beyond 100k users
- Experience with background data collection, battery-life optimization, local data processing
- Committed to mentoring and learning from others
- Experience working on high-volume consumer products
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Experience with automated testing and test-driven development
Ginger.io offers a competitive salary and benefits in San Francisco’s Financial District. Our mission-driven culture combines a love of learning with a strong belief that everyone has a voice to contribute if we are to succeed and make a difference. We believe in empowering our team with the tools and transparent culture that we all need to perform and grow.
Ginger.io is a small team on a big mission to drive better health outcomes. Our pioneering platform combines a mobile app that uses smartphone sensors to passively collect information about an individual’s daily behaviors with an analytics engine (based on research from MIT’s Media Lab) that turns that raw data into health insights. We provide that information back to clinicians or loved ones who can act on it to ensure that at-risk patients receive the right care at the right time.