Job Title: Android Developers
Job location: Boston, MA
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
As a Senior Android Developer at MobileAware you will work as part of a team to deliver the next generation of consumer tools on tablet and mobile devices – this is a chance to build software that really matters, change and improve their relationships with their service providers, improving your own world and your friends and family.
As a blended Android and iOS team, this is an excellent opportunity to cross-train and learn a new technology. If you are already experienced with both iOS and Android then this is a rare opportunity to work on both platforms simultaneously.
You must be able to deliver high quality code on time and with detailed comments and unit testing where appropriate.
You are comfortable with configuration control tools such as Git, and object orientation and design patterns.
You always consider the performance limitations of battery life, CPU and memory availability to implement robust and efficient solutions. Integration with web services and consuming XML or JSON is second nature to you, and you can parse data into objects and manipulate it with ease. You are comfortable writing and debugging multi-threaded code.
Android Developers | Responsibilities
- Accurately estimate project based on interface wireframes / desired functionality
- Meet deadlines established by accurate project estimates
- Work effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced team environment
- Clearly articulate thoughts and ideas both verbally and in writing
- Apply knowledge of current Android development trends and new technologies
- Know Android HIG and advise design team early when minor changes are necessary
- Think outside the box
- Effectively utilize Git / distributed version control
- Exposure to Agile methodologies
Android Developers | Requirements:
- You have in-depth expertise working with Android distributions, understand how the emulator works, and how SDK add-ons are built
- Strong object oriented programming and design experience
- Experience with all Android UI controls
- Proficiency with Android environment and Android developer tools
- At least 4 years experience writing apps for mobile platforms
- Ability to demonstrate working application examples via the Google Play store
- Experience consuming JSON and XML Restful Web Services Asynchronously
- Exceptional communication skills – both oral and written
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable; able to manage shifting priorities as projects evolve
- Understanding of and passion for the digital space
- Experience debugging an Android app, including but not limited to DDMS, Traceview, and Draw9 debugging
Android Developers | Pluses
- iOS / Blackberry development experience
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop or Fireworks
- Know how to build Android UIs and cut-out graphic elements from PSD files using Photoshop / Fireworks
- Experience with Web development technologies including: .NET, C#, VB.NET, Django, HTML5, CSS, Ajax, PHP, REST
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- A robust sense of humour is always nice (and probably essential)
MobileAware is a young international company searching for smart, motivated individuals to be part of our rapidly expanding team. Team members at MobileAware have the opportunity to contribute to original, cutting-edge products that are deployed to major telecom operators worldwide. Our innovative solutions enable mobile network operators to efficiently build and launch a mobile presence that is accessible from any device. Many of the world’s largest operators, including Orange, T-Mobile, TELUS and Vodafone, have relied on MobileAware to help them transition to a Mobile First Strategy.