Job Title: iOS Software Engineer
Job location: New York, NY
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
Schoology is one of the fastest growing education technology companies, with more than 4.5 million users across the world. We have redefined the learning management system to make online education a community effort between the students, the teachers and the parents.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We need smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren’t afraid to show it.
What you can expect:
How many companies can say that their CEO and CTO are both technical Co-founders? Schoology can! Engineering is our life-blood. We are a true startup, founded by a group of world-class entrepreneurs and engineers. What can you expect as an employee at Schoology?
- You can expect to work in an energetic, supportive team of engineers, who will challenge you to be your best.
- You can expect *not* to be micro-managed. We hire mature, self-starters who don’t need to be supervised every second of the day.
- Expect to learn from being surrounded by an exceptional team of business people, engineers and product visionaries!
- Expect never to be bored. You will love being here.
iOS Developer | Responsibilities:
- Work on the “mobile squad,” an agile team of Software Engineers, Designers, QAs and a Product Manager, to develop our iOS applications
- Play a critical role in design, planning, development and deployment of our iOS applications, namely Schoology
- Use technical knowledge and creative thinking to provide the most innovative solutions
- Work on updating our apps for the the soon to be launched iOS 8, with particular focus on the extensions functionality
- Work on projects related to offline access of our iOS app Schoology — not every student has access to an internet connection at home
iOS Developer | Requirements:
- 2-4 years of solid experience programming in Objective-C and Cocoa frameworks/libraries
- Experience building multi-threaded apps
- Experience working with REST Web Services / APIs
- Proficient with performance optimization tools like Profiler and Instruments
- Proficient in debugging problems in deployed apps — you shouldn’t be afraid of technical debt
- At least a few published apps in the Apple AppStore (please provide references to apps in your résumé and/or cover letter)
- Be self-motivated to meet aggressive deadlines in a rapid application development environment
- Good communications skills and organization skills
What we’d really like:
- An interest in utilizing Apple’s new programming language, Swift
- Strong fundamental understanding of web application technology
- Strong understanding of mobile application development
- Ability and desire to learn new applications/processes/environment
At Schoology, we strive to stay curious, learn something every day, and always be open to new ideas. We’re on a unique journey, and this is just the beginning. Come join us and let’s build it. Together.