Job Title: iOS Developer
Job location: Boston, MA
Employer: MeYou Health
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
As an iOS engineer, you will contribute directly to the expansion of our mobile capabilities and the delivery of our products via phones and tablets. You will own the code and collaborate directly with product management, design, and API engineering to chart the course of our iOS applications.
iOS Developer | Responsibilities:
- Participate in joint application design sessions
- Build new features and functionality for the iOS applications
- Brainstorm with the team about new products and opportunities
- Collaboratively review code
- Pair program when desired to collaborate and transfer knowledge
- Facilitate iOS App Store staging and delivery
- Analyze and tune performance
- Troubleshoot and fix bugs
iOS Developer | Requirements:
- A passionate engineer who is in touch with industry trends and technologies
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Experience and comfort working with Objective-C
- Good working knowledge of the iOS SDK and XCode
- Experience deploying to the App Store and setting up provisions/certification
- Knowledge of iOS UX guidelines and best practices
- Experience in debugging on multi-generation devices
- Good working knowledge of OOP practices and project architecture
- Familiarity with unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability (familiarity with BDD/TDD is a plus!)
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication, and working within a team with few functional borders
- Comfort working with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features
- Familiarity with version control systems (we use and love git)
- A desire to make a difference by making people healthier through the use of new social technology
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or other MVC web frameworks is a plus
MeYou Health is a well-being improvement company located in Boston’s South End. For this job, you will be working on a variety of web and mobile-based products, including Well-Being Tracker, Daily Challenge, Walkadoo, Alleyoop, and Quitnet. Our portfolio of products is sold to large self-insured employers, health plans, and health systems to improve the well-being of large groups of people in simple yet measurable ways. If you want to use your skills and talents to make people healthy, this job is for you.
MeYou Health is a wholly owned subsidiary of Healthways (Nasdaq: HWAY). This means that we can combine the flexibility, culture, and agility of a start-up with the security, benefits, and compensation of a larger company.
The “tangibles” at MeYou Health include:
- Competitive salary
- Great annual bonus plan
- 401(k) matching with no vesting schedule
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you, your significant other, and family
- Generous personal time off and flex holidays
The “intangibles” at MeYou Health:
- You work on something that improves people’s lives, and you see it firsthand in the feedback we receive each day.
- The atmosphere is relaxed, friendly, and genuine. We’re proud of what we do every day, but we don’t do it with any swagger or pretension.
- We explore and embrace new technology, ideas, tools, products, and processes.
- We provide you with the best technology and tools for the job. (Many people choose a new iPhone or Android phone, MacBook Pro, and Cinema Display.)
- We are very family friendly when it comes to work and vacation time.
- The focus on health and well-being rubs off on you. We practice what we preach, from having organic produce delivered to the office to taking walks together.
- Our office is close to the orange, green, and red line T stations, as well as commuter rail and bus lines.
How to apply
Candidates must submit the following
(All items required to be considered)
- Send a note/cover letter ← Very important!
- Tell us why you want to work here. This helps us get to know you!
- Apply online at www.meyouhealth.com
- Complete our online iOS Engineering Questionnaire: http://bit.ly/myhiosengineer
- Send your resumé/LinkedIn URL
- Provide a salary range