Job Title: Android Engineer
Job location: New York, NY
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
A versed engineer and perfectionist with good taste, ready to take ownership of entire features.
Android Engineer | Responsibilities:
- Curate, improve, create, and extend our Android applications.
- Write easy-to-read, blazing fast, well architected mobile code.
- Spend the time to make our Android applications look visually compelling.
- Collaborate with an extraordinarily small and talented team of mobile folks, designers and other engineers.
Android Engineer | Requirements:
- A passion for beautiful, pragmatic code paired with a strong sense of mobile design.
- Experience with small foot-print, concurrent Java.
- An obsessive desire to ship well tested, amazing looking software.
- Experience with the Android SDK (We’re happy to help you extend your understanding)
- A deep understanding of Tumblr’s features and ideas for making them better.
- Smarts, humility, and equal willingness to learn and teach.
Tools we use:
- Instrumentation testing
- git and GitHub
Founded by David Karp in New York City in 2007, Tumblr is a microblogging platform that allows users to effortlessly share anything. Tumblr now hosts over 30 million blogs with over 10 billion posts to date. Our pageview to engineer ratio is 1 billion PV per month to 1 engineer. This means every line of code every developer writes has a huge impact. We are focused on building tools and technologies that will advance the state of the art in dealing with massively scaled websites as we quickly grow past 30,000 requests and 3,000 posts per second. We are also excited to deliver a range of new products that will enable users to share their own creative content, discover content, and connect to one another in new ways.