Job Title: iOS Developer
Job location: New York, NY
Employer: SNAP Interactive
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
Do you want to work for a leading provider of social networking applications with a best-selling iOS app. in Apple’s App Store? If so, join SNAP!
SNAP Interactive has:
* one of the top 5 iOS apps in the Social category of Apple’s App store
* over 5 million monthly active users
* over 60 million installs
* over 30,000 new profiles daily
* interesting work regarding geolocation
* massive amounts of dynamic user data
SNAP Interactive builds AreYouInterested.com, a social dating application that leverages social graph and interest data from Facebook and other API’s to match people. We work at the intersection of Social, Big Data, Geolocation and Mobile. Our environment is fun and relaxed, our products are ambitious, and our engineers are some of the brightest in NYC.
As one of our three iOS engineers, this is a highly visible position within SNAP and will have direct impact on product and feature decisions. As our iOS Developer you are expected to have a solid in-depth understanding of iOS platform SDK and real-world experience launching successful apps in the Apple’s App store. This position is full-time and is conveniently located one block from Penn Station.
Competitive compensation includes
* guaranteed bonus + discretionary bonus
* stock options
* annual training stipend of $2,000
* monthly hackathons & regular employee-hosted tech talks
* free snacks, fun outings, twice-monthly massages, and Knicks & Rangers tickets.
iOS Developer | Responsibilities:
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products
- Create innovative applications for the iPhone
- Drive complete features from requirements through to deployment and experimentation.
- Collaborate closely with our Mobile team consisting of our mobile product manager, designer and iOS native developers to define, code and ship new features
- Participate in code reviews on GitHub to ensure the creation of high-quality, robust code by all team members
- Maintain and improve our continuous integration process
- work within an Agile environment
iOS Developer | Requirements:
- 3+ years of iOS programming experience
- 3+ years mobile application development
- 4+ years of object oriented programming based development
- Have deep knowledge of Apple’s iPhone SDK and relevant expertise in iOS 6
- Be an Objective-C expert
- Mastery of Xcode, Instruments, Interface Builder
- Extensive experience with OO design patterns
- Have shipped at least one amazing iPhone app
- Have passion to design, build and polish great, simple, fun mobile applications
- Be self-motivated and comfortable working independently or in a team while owning a project from start to finish
- Have experience in a light-weight, rapid turnaround, agile engineering environment
- Be a passionate advocate of concise and simple code, designs and applications
- Understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Experience with consumer facing UI development
- Love for writing high quality code while shipping great apps
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability and general reliability
- Be a self-starter with a hands on attitude
Existing US work authorization required. Transfers of existing H1B visas will be considered.
SNAP is the maker of AreYouInterested?, a leading social app.