Job Title: Android Developer
Job location: New York, NY
Employer: SNAP Interactive
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
Do you want to work for a leading provider of social networking applications with a best selling iOS app in Apple’s App Store? If so, join SNAP!
SNAP Interactive Has:
* over 5 million monthly active users
* over 60 million installs
* over 30,000 new profiles daily
* massive amounts of dynamic user data
* one of the top 5 iOS apps in the Social category of Apple’s App store
SNAP Interactive builds AreYouInterested.com, a social discovery application that leverages data from Facebook and other API’s to match people who share similar interests. We work at the intersection of Social, Big Data, Location and Mobile. Our environment is fun and relaxed, our products are ambitious, and our engineers are some of the brightest in NYC.
SNAP Interactive, a publicly traded company, has a new opening for a Senior Android Developer.
As the first developer of our new Android app. you will be instrumental in guiding and developing AreYouInterested.com’s first Android App. This is a critical and highly visible position within SNAP which is why we are looking for a top development lead to develop and launch this critical part of our business. Relocation provided for the right candidate.
As our Senior Android Developer you are expected to have a solid in-depth understanding of Java and the Android platform SDK and real-world experience launching successful apps in the Android Marketplace.
This position is full-time and is conveniently located one block from Penn Station.
Competitive Compensation Includes:
* guaranteed bonus + discretionary bonus
* stock options
* annual training stipend of $2,000
* monthly hackathons & regular employee-hosted tech talks
* free snacks, fun outings, twice-monthly massages, and Knicks & Rangers tickets.
Android Developer | Responsibilities:
- Working with our mobile product manager and lead designer, develop our new Android Mobile app.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the Android team to continuously improve and optimize our Android app – once it is live.
Android Developer | Requirements:
- 2-5 years of professional development experience
- 2 years of Java development experience
- Experience building *native* Android apps with 3+ apps in the Play store
- Solid understanding and expertise in HTML5/JS/CSS Development
- Team player capable of working in a demanding start-up environment
Android Developer | Preferred :
- B.S in Computer Science preferred
- Familiarity with integrating third party API’s and Payment Processors
- Experience using mobile debugging/profiling tools
- SQL and relational database programming
- Linux expertise
- Familiarity with an Agile development methodology
SNAP Interactive, Inc. (OTCBB: STVI) is a leading provider of the online social networking application AreYouInterested.com® – one of the largest social engagement applications on the Internet with over 60 million installs and a completely integrated Facebook, iPhone, Android and Web application.
SNAP was founded in 2005, is headquartered in New York City, and has expanded to 47 full-time employees while continuing to hire additional talent to grow the company.
Learn more about Life at SNAP in this PDF: http://www.snap-interactive.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/hiringbook9.pdf.zip