Job Title: iOS Mobile Developer
Job location: New York , NY
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
iOS Mobile Developer | Responsibilities:
- WebMD Health is looking for an experienced software developer (primarily focused on iOS development; Android development experience highly desirable) to become a key contributor to our rapidly growing mobile business.
- Candidate will collaborate with a diverse group of quality analysts, designers, developers and product managers to deliver robust mobile solutions that showcase our brand.
- An ideal candidate has a foundation in object-oriented design, strong testing skills, and prior experience with agile methodologies.
- Must have several Apps that are Live in iTunes AppStore – preferably ones that have a desktop web component and/or server side interactions as well.
- Must have understanding of major iOS Design & Development paradigms spanning User Experience (native, HTML 5/Webkit), data ingestion, analytics, web services (REST & JSON), etc.
In our environment, candidate will:
- Contribute to a cross-functional SCRUM based Agile team in daily stand-ups, sprint planning meetings and retrospectives·
- Review project requirements and define acceptance criteria with the team
- Implement test fixtures, acceptance tests and unit tests
- Design and implement mobile solutions making appropriate use of software design patterns and best practices
- Research and resolve client-reported issues
- Estimate tasks to facilitate iteration planning
iOS Mobile Developer | Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years experience with mobile applications (iPhone, Android, Windows Mobile)
- 2+ years experience with Objective-C, C#, C++, or Java
- Experience with of object-oriented design principles
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and testing skills
iOS Mobile Developer | Preferred:
- Experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment
- Experience working with SQL & DB technologies.
- Familiarity with writing test plans, using automated testing tools, and testing specifications
WebMD (NASDAQ: WMBD) is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD The Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer