Job Title: iOS Developer
Job location: New York, NY
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
JOOR (jooraccess.com) is looking for a iOS Developer.
We are a VC-backed startup revolutionizing the wholesale fashion marketplace. Founded in late 2010, JOOR is the largest company of its kind and is growing fast, steadily adding buyers and brands on its platform both in the United States and internationally.
- Inc Magazine: http://www.inc.com/magazine/201305/reshma-memon-yaqub/future-of-wholesale-orders.html
- PandoDaily: http://pandodaily.com/2013/04/05/joors-b2b-fashion-marketplace-on-track-to-do-350-million-in-transactions-this-year/
- Business of Fashion: http://www.businessoffashion.com/2013/03/img-partners-up-with-b2b-online-marketplace-joor.html
- WWD: http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/designer-luxury/img-fashion-joor-in-deal-6861827
- Business Week: http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-12-21/dragging-fashion-wholesalers-into-the-digital-age
Senior/Advanced iOS Developer
The Senior/Advanced iOS Developer will be responsible for leading a team of developers in all aspects of iOS Application development including but not limited to Application Architecture, Interface Development, API Design and Development Oversight. Application performance, data integrity and interface simplicity will be benchmarks against which the Senior/Advanced iOS Developer will be measured for success. Our applications push the limits of mobile computing in nearly every direction (workflow efficiency needs, data volume requirements and transaction rates). An experienced and well versed iOS developer is required to steer the development of our products.
iOS Developer | Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the creative process by participating in concept and ideation sessions
- Develop rapid prototypes to lead customers in defining a mobile creative strategy
- Use test-driven development methods to ensure ongoing quality of all code developed
- Provide strong technical leadership and guidance to JOOR project teams
- Maintain UI consistency throughout different components of the application
- Improve legacy UI code and contribute to UI pattern library
- Work with cross-department teams to assure consistent UX across all assets
- Write advanced, readable, re-useable code
- Assist in the development and implementation of coding standards
- Optimize code (written by you and others) for application performance
iOS Developer | Requirements:
- Fluent in iOS programming with knowledge of the Cocoa/UIKit and CoreData frameworks
- Strong mobile UX design, coding and support/maintenance
- A collaborative attitude with excellent communication skills
- Advanced understanding of the fundamental native UI components
- Proficiency in C++/Objective C
- Experience in all aspects of app development – UI, animation, network communication
- Strong Object Oriented Programming best practices, including MVC framework
- Demonstrable portfolio of iPhone/iPad apps. Your presence in the app store is a plus.
- Experience in Enterprise application development (B2B and/or wholesale applications)
- Experience with Multithreaded Application Development.
- Strong understanding of integrating REST APIs with core data using background threads.
- Solid grasp of memory management, including detecting and correcting memory usage
- Experience with use of the iOS camera as well as working with high-resolution images.