Job Title: iOS Developer
Job location: Brooklyn, NY
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
As an iOS developer, you’ll be joining a small, collaborative team responsible for the end-to-end development of our iPhone application and the long-term vision of Etsy on mobile devices.
- Etsy’s mobile team is set on redefining what mobile, person to person commerce means. We
- are a tight-knit, passionate group that embraces hard work, supports creativity, and dreams
- big. The ideal candidates will bring energy, creativity, and humor to the team, along with deep
- expertise and a details-driven approach to their work.
iPhone Developer | Responsibilities:
- Drive development of features that impact over 11 million Etsy members
- Take ownership and responsibility of the application with a holistic point of view
- Prototype new ideas and explore new technologies that are at the forefront of mobile
- technology and commerce
- Help code backend applications and features
- Work across disciplines with team members representing product, design, and web
iPhone Developer | Requirements:
- Proficient in Objective-C and Cocoa
- Have published one or more applications in the App Store
- Well-versed in client/server architectures
- Competent in Cocoa design patterns and API design
- Passionate about end-to-end user experience design
- Comfortable closing Xcode and opening Vim to address a bug or add a feature to the backend API
- You love Etsy!
- You dig Etsy’s Vision
- You’re nice
Etsy is the world’s most vibrant marketplace for handmade and vintage goods. Our mission is to enable people all over the world to make a living making things. Etsy has seen sustained, rapid growth and needs passionate, smart people to help us accomplish the goals we’ve set for ourselves in 2012. The growing Etsy community includes over 11 million members in over 150 countries. Our sellers collectively list around 11 million active items, and in 2011 we sold over $357 million of goods.
Etsy is led by CEO Chad Dickerson. We are backed by Accel Partners, Union Square Ventures and Index Ventures; count the founders of Flickr and Delicious as our earliest investors; and are proud to have Caterina Fake, Jim Breyer, Jonathan Klein, and Fred Wilson on our board.
We’re growing rapidly and are well funded with a proven business model and established revenue to help us continue growing and serving our community. If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter along with your resume telling us what inspires you about Etsy and why you think you are perfect for the team (resumes without a cover letter will not be considered). If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or practice another craft besides coding, that means something to us, and we would love to hear about it when you write!