Job Title: Android Engineer
Job location: Mountain View, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
Manage and improve Android platforms on single board computers, phones and tablets for internal and external development as well as for continuous integration automation.
Android Engineer | Responsibilities
- Manage one or more Android platforms for single board computers, phones and tablets
- Upgrade AOSP on each platform
- Work with the board and software vendors to ensure all peripherals work correctly as the baselines are upgrades and expanded
- Push changes back to the platform communities and actively participate in the platform communities
- Rebase and manage local changes on each platform
- Support internal and external customers in the use of the builds
- Work with infrastructure to optimize continuous integration’s use of the boards
Android Engineer | Requirement
- Ability to create and review changes for Gerrit and participate in a continuous integration loop
- 5-7+ years of experience in software development.
- 5+ years of experience in embedded Linux application processor device driver development.
- Strong C programming skills
- Strong in software development for real-time embedded systems
- Experience writing device drivers for audio codecs
- Experience using Advance Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA)
- Familiarity with standard digital audio serial interfaces
- Experience writing device drivers for sensors
- Proven ability to effectively work with customers on software integration
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Ability to use lab equipment for test and debug of audio systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good team player with strong initiative
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
- Experience in Android programming and Android audio framework
- Exposure to cellular wireless industry
Audience is a fast-growing, global provider of intelligent voice and audio processing technology for mobile devices. Our earSmart™ technology is based on pioneering work to reverse-engineer human hearing. We’re applying this auditory intelligence to chips that deliver voice enhancement and noise suppression to radically improve the voice clarity and sound quality of mobile devices. United by passion, expertise and our brain-inspired technology, we’re driven to deliver the best-sounding voice and audio experience and improve products that benefit people’s everyday mobile lives. For more information, visit www.audience.com.