Job Title: iOS Engineer
Job location: San Francisco, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
As a Senior/Principal Software Engineer on Jawbone’s iOS team, you will be responsible for bringing Jawbone’s unique vision for mobile and wearable technology to life on the iOS platform. You will collaborate closely with our product, design, and backend development teams to define, develop, and deliver iOS applications that are a deeply integrated component of the rich user experience we strive to create for each of our products.
At Jawbone, we are more than just a hardware company. We think software plays a vital role in today’s mobile lifestyle. We believe we can create ground breaking systems and experiences that incorporate beautifully crafted software solutions with our innovative mobile and wearable devices.
If you enjoy problem solving with a small, creative and dedicated team in a fast-paced environment, have a deep love for technology, and are passionate about building new and innovative products and applications that will change the way people live, we want you to help us deliver on this vision.
iOS Engineer | Responsibilities:
- Design and develop Jawbone’s iPhone and iPad applications in a small, collaborative team environment, with a strong focus on usability and performance.
- Work closely with Jawbone’s platform team to integrate Jawbone iOS applications with our backend services.
- Collaborate with Jawbone’s product and design teams to make Jawbone applications useful, beautiful, and fun to use.
iOS Engineer | Requirements:
- 2+ years experience developing complex iOS applications using technologies such as Core Data, Core Graphics, CFNetwork and Core Audio.
- Extensive experience developing User Interfaces for mobile applications.
- Significant experience interacting with and/or designing and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Passion for writing clean, maintainable, and testable code at both the UI and system levels.
- Strong understanding of iOS performance analysis and optimization techniques.
- Excellent programming and computer science fundamentals, and a deep love for technology.
- Ability to adapt and learn new skills coupled with a resourceful, can-do attitude.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
For more than a decade, Jawbone has developed human-centered wearable technology and audio devices unparalleled in their technical innovation, ease-of-use and sophistication of design. A 2010 IDSA Design of the Decade winner, the company is the creator of the award-winning and best-selling Jawbone ERA and ICON Bluetooth® headsets; NoiseAssassin® technology, the world’s first and only military-grade noise-eliminating technology; and the JAMBOX and BIG JAMBOX wireless speakers and speakerphones. Jawbone is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Deutsche Telekom, Khosla Ventures, investors advised by J.P. Morgan Asset Management, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Sequoia Capital and others. Jawbone is headquartered in San Francisco.
Jawbone is an equal opportunity employer, offers an exciting opportunity for qualified career-motivated professionals. We provide competitive compensation, performance bonus and the chance to work with talented people in a winning, successful, and pleasant environment. We offer many premium benefits including 401(k), medical, dental, life insurance, Paid Time Off and much more.