Job Title: Android Developer
Job location: Palo Alto, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
As an Android developer for Pebble, you will help build an elegant, Android-specific experience that allows Pebble to take advantage of what Android does best. We want Pebble to define what it’s like to experience smartwatches on Android for the next ten years, and we’re looking for someone to lead the charge.
Android Developer | Responsibilities:
- You enjoy responsibility, autonomy and can see a project to completion with minimal help and intervention.
- Love of building software that makes puts a smile on customers’ faces and makes difficult things easy
- Dedication to building reliable software that respects the trust customers have in us
- Enjoy collaborating closely with firmware engineers to make the Pebble watch and Android app work seamlessly
- Desire to lead the development of future versions of the Android app.
- Excited to be one of the pioneer developers who will define the long-term architectural plan for the app.
- Work closely with designers to to build a UI that stands out among the best mobile app interfaces.
- Experience building Android apps that have shipped to customers
- You enjoy prototyping new features with great designers
Android Developer | Requirements:
- 3+ years mobile development experience
- 2+ years Android SDK experience
- 5+ years software development experience
- Experience working on a UI in collaboration with a design team
- Experience working in a commercial software development team
Android Developer | Preferred:
- Experience working with software that integrates with a backend
- Experience working with software that integrates with a hardware peripheral
- Experience with performance tuning/optimization for graphics-heavy software
- Experience with power optimization for network & wireless heavy software
- Ready to apply?
- Please submit your resume, work samples, github, projects/portfolio with us.
- Benefits & Perks for Pebblers!
- opportunity to work on fast-moving project in small teams
- participate in hackathons, work directly with external partners (past co-op did work featured by ChromeOS team)
- team offsites (BBQs, ramen outings, hiking adventures, weekend getaways )
- open kitchen filled with all kinds of snacks and drinks
- free catered lunches
- limited edition Pebble schwag (a Pebble of your own of course, t-shirts, beer mug, etc…)
- Pick your own workstation
- commuter allowance (if you live outside of Palo Alto)
- health insurance
Pebble has 68,929 backers pledging more than $10m, the Pebble E-paper watch is the highest-grossing Kickstarter project to date!
Pebble Technology (www.getpebble.com) is a Y Combinator-backed company startup that announced the Pebble smartwatch on Kickstarter last year (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/597507018/pebble-e-paper-watch-for-iphone-and-android).
Pebble is a Bluetooth enabled wristwatch designed to pair with smartphones and bring custom watchfaces, notifications and apps to the wrist. To date, Pebble has received an exceptional response to its smartwatch and is the most funded Kickstarter crowd-funded project ever!
Pebble’s first product, inPulse, was conceived as a 4th year design project at UW and we’re big supporters of UW co-ops; most of us having graduated from UW Engineering ourselves. Our team is still small (20 employees), so you’ll be working hand-in-hand with the founders and core team of engineers. If you’re motivated, have the experience and want to work in a highly visible startup in the heart of Silicon Valley, we’d love to hear from you.