Job Title: iOS Engineer
Job location: San Francisco, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
We are looking for a talented mobile engineer to help us craft the native iOS Medium experience.
As the third member of our iOS development team you will work with engineers @chrisdesalvo and @kocodude as well as members of the Medium design team. The team is highly collaborative and hands on in all areas of the codebase and you’ll be expected to do the same.
We believe nothing should get in the way of you doing your best possible work, and have structured the company around this principle. We keep our meetings lightweight. Our development environment is dead simple. We have a role entirely devoted to “developer happiness.”
Join us in shaping the future of publishing.
iOS Engineer | Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science (or equivalent).
- A terrific attitude and strong interpersonal skills.
- Expert knowledge of at least one of Cocoa, Android, Java, C++, C# or Windows.
- Solid object oriented programming and design skills.
- Experience with Core Text.
- Experience writing network code for a mobile environment.
- Experience with OSX or Linux.
- Experience writing multithreaded code.
- Experience with git.
Medium is based on the belief that the sharing of ideas and experiences is what moves humanity forward. The Internet is the greatest idea-sharing tool ever imagined, but we’ve only scratched the surface of its capabilities.
More concretely, Medium is a system for reading and writing. A place where you can find and share knowledge, ideas, and stories—specifically, ones that need more than 140 characters and are not just for your friends. It’s a place where you can work with others to create something better than you can on your own.