Job Title: iOS Developer
Job location: San Jose, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
Engineering comprises half of our company. You will join the small and focused yet growing team working directly on our iPhone code. We need an experienced engineer who has a good eye for design, and the desire and skills to step into a hands-on coding position.
iOS Developer | Responsibilities:
- Work on iPhone/iPad application architecture and drive development using the latest mobile standards in music and social gaming.
- Participate in all phases of our software development life cycle to convert concepts and specifications into released iPhone/iPad applications and features.
- Interact daily with the systems and processes used in professional software development, including source control, bug tracking, testing, etc.
iOS Developer | Requirements:
- Fluency in and a deep knowledge of C, Objective-C, CocoaTouch, and iOS programming.
- Solid grasp of algorithms, memory management, object oriented programming, and concurrent programming
- Strong experience detecting and correcting memory usage issues, and optimizing code for application performance.
- Enthusiasm for working in a high-profile, fast-paced startup. We ship to millions of people on a very regular basis, with tight schedules and small teams, and it takes a certain kind of energy and drive to get it done!
iOS Developer | Preferred
- Experience with one or more of the following: low latency audio, low latency networking, performance analysis, CoreAnimation, OpenGL, and Social APIs (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
SoundHound delights millions of users every day with its famously fast music and voice recognition apps, and is winning awards and praise along the way. Our flagship app for iPhone and Android recently won the most competitive category in Billboard’s inaugural Music App Awards, and achieved top-ten honors from the New York Times, becoming the only music app to do so.