Job Title: Android Engineer
Job location: Irvine, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
The Senior Android/Java Engineer will spearhead the design and implementation of the company’s In Flight Entertainment (IFE) product suite. The ideal candidate must have a good working knowledge of the Android SDK and Android user interface (UI) Development. Experience in developing complex Java and C/C++ user interfaces on the Android and Linux platforms is also required, with the ability to efficiently integrate the UI with other application components in an abstract manner. Experience with other UI technologies such as Qt and QML is also highly desired, as well as 3D UI or application development experience. Candidate must have experience in software architecture design and a working knowledge of software design patterns.
Android Engineer | Responsibilities:
- The candidate will perform software design, development and planning based on knowledge of the UI requirements and the Android and Linux platforms, working with the team to deliver the solution on-time and with required functionality
- The primary role of the candidate is to implement GUI’s from the design team and build functional UI’s.
- Provide technical leadership in the implementation of the user interface in both design and implementation.
- Be involved in all phases of software development lifecycle, as well as sustaining existing software products.
Android Engineer | Required Skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field required.
- 3-5+ years experience with application development in Java
- 2+ years Android GUI development experience.
- Extensive working knowledge on Android SDK and Android GUI Development.
- General Experience in user interface design, widget creation, and development
- Experience developing complex Java application infrastructure, services, libraries and tools on the Android & Linux platforms.
- Experience in software architecture design, working knowledge of design patterns.
- Experience in all phases of software development lifecycle: requirements analysis, tech design, implementation, code review, testing, and release.
- Ability to provide estimates for work.
- Experience with 3D Graphical UI’s a plus.
- Experience in collaboration with 3rd party software development resources.
- Self-motivated, critical thinker with strong technical background.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with MySQL, SQLite desired
- Experience with Qt and QML UI Development a plus
- Experience in 3D UI / application development a plus
- Experience with UI graphics and authoring tools a plus
- Experience in a lead role desire