Job Title: Android Engineer
Job location: San Francisco, CA
Employer: We Heart It
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
We are looking for a highly skilled Lead Software Engineer for our Android platform.
Android Engineer | Responsibilities:
- Participate in all aspects of software development including requirements analysis, task estimation and sizing, technical investigation, software design and implementation, testing, and deployment
- Interact with our Rails app to hit Server Side REST APIs that integrate with the rest of the platform.
- Troubleshoot production issues and work effectively with other team members to identify and address problems
- Estimate and meet assigned development goals and target delivery date
- Mentor developers new to the Android platform
- Help the team make the correct technical architecture decisions, and shape the future of the Android team
Android Engineer | Requirements:
- 5+ years’ experience with Android technologies (Java, C/C++, Android SDK/NDK)
- Successful track record in developing Android applications (SDK, NDK) with demonstrable portfolio of Android apps you have worked on
- Strong experience detecting and correcting memory usage issues and other potential sources of crashes, and optimizing code for application performance
- Full understanding of Android user interface designs and standards
- Self-motivated and eager to learn (and teach!)
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced startup. We ship to millions of users on a very regular basis, with tight schedules and small teams, and it takes a certain kind of energy and drive to get it done
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
Android Engineer | Preferred:
- Experience with Social API’s (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Active apps in the store
- Experience with git, Jenkins, Calabash
- Web development with Ruby on Rails. Although this would not be a primary part of your job, it would be great if you had the ability to understand the codebase and to make small changes to our API when necessary to streamline development.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is highly competitive with start-up equity package and benefits for the right candidates.