Job Title: iOS Engineer
Job location: Mountain View, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
We founded Play-i with one mission: to make programming fun and accessible for every child.
We’re looking for an iOS Engineer to join the small team building the awesome iPad apps and games that allow kids to interact with our robots. You’ll work in Objective C and Unity (we’ll teach you) to build apps provide an amazing user experience while allowing children to learn and play with the abstract concepts of programming
iOS Engineer | Requirements:
- 2+ years’ experience in with native iOS development
- Strong Objective-C skills
- To have worked on multiple interaction-driven iOS apps
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- Good CS fundamentals, object-oriented programming and design skills
- A passion toward education and children
iOS Engineer | Preferred:
- Experience building iOS games
- Knowledge of the Unity game engine
- Prior experience in a successful startup
- A Computer Science or related degree
You’ll join an amazing team at the very top of their respective fields, dedicated to educating children, user experience, and (of course) robots! We offer competitive wages and benefits plus great perks like daily catered lunches. Apply now or contact us if you’re interested in learning more.
Kids learn by doing, which is the essence of play. We’ve got big ideas to support an evolution of education. Children will use our products to make memories and have fun – all while developing their problem solving skills, creative capacity, and sense of curiosity about how the world works.
Why work with us?
- We enjoy immense satisfaction in our work by bringing CS education to little ones
- We’re solving tough technical challenges in creating a learning platform. We have electro-mechanical, firmware, and software along with simple apps and games. Stir all of it together and make the UI so simple a 5 year old can use it. Sound fun? Good.
- We’ve got vision – our friendly robots, Bo and Yana, are the first in a series of many interactive robot friends geared toward learning
- We embrace tangible computing combined with an open world theory which makes play a powerful teacher for computer science fundamentals – we think this is cool
- We’re off to a great start! We’re Series-A funded, have pre-sold 20k units, and our customer list growing daily.
If these things sound intriguing to you, apply now or contact us if you’re interested in learning more.