Job Title: iOS Engineer
Job location: San Francisco, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
What we’re looking for:
This is where you come into the picture! We’re fully funded and looking for our core team of engineers to help us get our prototype off the ground. We’re creating a rich app that will have all kinds of really exciting features that require an in depth understanding of iOS Engineering. We’ll need to work on location services, battery optimization, animations, social features and of course… sensors.
Why join us?
We thought you’d never ask!…we offer all the usual stuff: competitive salary, meals and snacks on site, top of the line equipment and compelling early stage equity.
But the real perks are:
- Amazingly challenging problem set- you’ll never have a boring day at the office
- Amazing team of senior engineers who love solving challenging problems.
- Work on a problem that everyone can understand and will make a meaningful, positive impact on the world (while building a multi-billion dollar business). Craft a beautiful product that everyone can use. Including your mom!
iOS Engineer | Requirements :
- Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- Has helped build and ship at least one iOS application professionally. We’re less concerned with how many years of experience you have than with your iOS chops.
- Is very comfortable with iOS technologies (Objective C, Cocoa, iPhone SDK – iOS 5 + 6 etc.) and environment.
- A CS degree OR 4+ years engineering background.
iOS Engineer | Preferred:
- Having a mastery of the relevant frameworks.
- Being comfortable pushing the limits of the iOS technology.
- Previous startup experience, ability to prototype and move fast.
- Strong UI/UX sense and experience implementing game mechanics and/or dynamic infographics a plus.
- Sound judgment for balancing scrappiness and long-term code maintainability.
- Experience with battery optimization and location APIs.
Think about your last time stuck in traffic… Driving has turned into one of those things we really don’t look forward to. No one wants to spend countless hours in traffic. No one wants to be a bad driver or be in an accident. And certainly no one wants to overpay for gas, auto insurance or to buy a car that does not fit his or her needs. Yet many of us are unhappy with our driving-related decisions.
What if driving wasn’t so painful? What if every trip was a positive, rewarding experience and people could have insights that would allow them to understand and improve their behavior, and even be recognized and rewarded for it?
Our mission is to make every trip a positive, rewarding experience by providing data-driven insights. We are obsessive about building a delightful consumer experience that will not only influence the way people behave on the road and save lives, but also open up business opportunities in the hundreds of billions.