Job Title: Android Developer
Job location: Palo Alto, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
Android Developer | Responsibilities:
- Work with cross-functional teams to build and release Android products
- Develop new application features and provide ongoing support throughout the product lifecycle
- Create new, exciting features and release to millions of Android users
- Keep up-to-date on the latest Android developments, respond to customer feedback & testing
Android Developer | Requirements:
- 2 plus years of Android application development
- Knowledge of different versions of Android
- Understanding of the full Android development cycle
- Must have shipped an Android application
- Strong Java engineering skills
- Desire to learn new frameworks
Why Join Flipboard?
• Team-up with cutting-edge thought leaders from Apple, Google, Netflix, Adobe, Ellerdale, Sony, Ning, Tellme, and Microsoft, Time Inc. & Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia to help grow the world’s first social magazine across multiple platforms.
• CEO, Mike McCue is a creative visionary experienced at building innovative products and companies (acquired by Netscape & Microsoft), all delivering high-level valuations.
• Exciting and collaborative teams work together with strong purpose and vision. “Mock O’clock” held each week serves as a forum for team members to demo new ideas and projects.
• Pick your equipment: we provide your choice of computers, screens, tablets, and peripherals.
• Flipboard’s HQ is an open, beautifully converted art studio centrally located in the heart of downtown Palo Alto.
• Compensation including base, equity, plus generous, comprehensive benefits
Benefits & Perks:
- 401(k) with company contribution
- Vision, dental, life, and health insurance
- Unlimited “out of office time” for holidays, vacation, sick leave, and personal or family needs
- Flexible hours
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Beer Fridays: casual team & friend meet-ups at Flipboard HQ
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies- you name it, we celebrate it.
- Flipboard Sports- Basketball team, certified rock climbers, biking, or anything you’d like to organize.
- Lots of snacks (healthy and otherwise) you’d like to organize.
Flipboard is founded by Mike McCue, former CEO of Tellme Networks, and Evan Doll, former Senior iPhone Engineer at Apple. Flipboard has raised $60.5 million from legendary investors including Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.