Job Title: iOS Engineer
Job location: Palo Alto, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
The Senior Software Engineer, iOS will develop our flagship TuneIn Radio application for iPhone and iPad. As a member of the mobile team, you will work directly with business owners to shape product direction and bring new features to market.
iOS Engineer | Responsibilities:
- Review product specs and offer high-level architectural guidance.
- Create lightweight technical specifications and story estimates for new products, then execute from start to finish.
- Convert wireframes and/or high fidelity comps to simple, efficient and functional code.
- Recognize innovation opportunities and advocate for them.
- Evaluate, improve and optimize code.
- Make those around you better through mentoring and collaborative development.
iOS Engineer | Requirements:
- Excellent working knowledge of Objective-C. Additional experience with C++ ideal.
- 1-3+ years hands-on development for iOS, preferably both iPhone and iPad interfaces.
- Good sense of usability and design in consumer applications.
- Track record of full life-cycle development responsibility, with reference applications on the market.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
Our development organization offers the perfect balance in team size to impact — we are big enough that you don’t have to do everything yourself, yet small enough to let you own projects start to finish and focus on doing what you love most!
At TuneIn, you can:
- Have a clear voice in product input and full life-cycle ownership from concept to release.
- Tackle complex, innovative and interesting challenges around scalability, optimization and performance that will visibly impact an active install base of 40+ million global consumers (and quickly growing).
- Find opportunity for significant growth within our engineering team + gain exposure to major technology platforms and steer your engineering career towards your personal interests.
- Enjoy a healthy work/life balance. We offer free catered lunches, gym memberships, and frequent organized events. Most of our employees take mid-day breaks for soccer or bike riding.