Job Title: Android Developers
Job location: Reston, VA
Employer: About Objects
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
Come join our team on one of the largest enterprise mobile initiatives in the United States. Collaborate with our industry-best mentors, architects and engineers who are designing and developing solutions that are pushing the boundaries of the iOS and Android platform.
About Objects, an industry-leading business and technology consulting company, is looking to add senior level Android professionals to our growing mobile technology practice. We are seeking innovative and inspired individuals who enjoy working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment to solve complex and interesting problems.
- This is a great opportunity for seasoned professionals with experience architecting and developing Android applications to join our team as either a sub-contractor or full-time employee. This initiative is a long-term (into 2014), multi-million dollar enterprise project.
- Consultants will be joining a team of experts that are providing mentoring and consulting services (senior and mid-level) to a 200+ team of full-time employees.
- Depending on your location, Monday – Thursday travel may be required to client locations across the U.S.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or Green Card holder.
Android Developers | Requirements:
- Ten or more years professional experience, with at least five years experience in Enterprise Java and at least three years on the Android platform.
- Required Skills and Experience
- Expert knowledge of Java EE.
- Solid understanding of Java reflection.
- Expert debugging and profiling skills.
- Experience integrating Android apps with RESTful web services.
- Solid understanding of networking APIs.
- Experience with multi-threading.
- Experience with SQLite on the Android platform.
- Deep understanding of MVC design patterns and development best practices.
- Experience working with XML.
- Experience with drawing and animation.
- Expertise in building reusable components.
- Understanding of localization and accessibility.
- Familiarity with Agile software development.
- Strong experience with unit test frameworks such as JUnit and JMock.
- Familiarity with the use of version control systems such as Subversion and git.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Android Developers | Preferred
- Experience with Ruby and/or Python.
- Experience with automated testing tools.
- Expertise in Android UI design.
- Experience with OpenGL.
- Familiarity with continuous integration technologies such as Jenkins.
About Objects is an industry-leading business and technology consulting company that helps business and IT organizations ramp up quickly and efficiently on emerging technologies. Our consultants will provide expert assistance with everything from formulating a business case and IT strategy through end-to-end execution. And our best-of-breed training curriculum and world-class instructors will help your project teams get off to a running start.
Our team averages over two decades of experience in the enterprise—from big-picture strategy, to the most intricate, technical details of implementation. Whether you’re looking for an assessment, onsite mentoring and consulting, fully outsourced development, managed services, or a mix of offerings, we’ll provide a tailored blend of services that will help you and your team achieve your goals.
iOS Developer Training
Learn to use Objective-C, Xcode, and Interface Builder to develop native iOS applications for the iPhone and iPad. Our fast-paced, hands-on courses will get you comfortable quickly with the language, tools, and frameworks, while giving you deep insight into the underlying concepts of iOS development.
Our smaller class size allows more individual interaction, giving you the full advantage of our instructor’s extensive background in Objective-C and iOS SDK programming.