Job Title: Android Developer
Job location: Santa Monica, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
We’re looking for an amazing Android Developer who loves crafting cutting-edge user experiences.
As a Senior Android Developer you will be a key member of our growing mobile engineering team, responsible for developing industry-leading applications. At eHarmony, we are very passionate about what we do here, and at the same time have fun doing what we love. Our product, and the applications you would build here impacts the lives of millions of users around the globe. You’ll do this in one of the most successful companies in the ‘Silicon Beach’, with a culture that promotes innovation, freedom, and growth.
Android Developer | Responsibilities:
- Experience shipping one or more Android apps, currently available on Google Play
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for engineering and product sense
- Ability to work in areas outside of their usual comfort zone and love to learn new technologies
- Experience starting projects from scratch and jumping in to an existing architecture
- If that sounds like you, keep reading we have an exciting opportunity to join a fast paced, super smart, cutting edge, [insert your favorite buzzword] team of developers
Android Developer | Requirements:
- Enterprise or SaaS Android development
- 3+ years of Java software development
- Knowledge and demonstrable work on the current Android platform, including the latest ICS and Jellybean versions
- Keep up-to-date on the latest Android SDK developments; respond to customer feedback & testing
- Self-motivated, and can excel in a team-based environment
eHarmony is a growing, global technology company built on the belief that marrying computer science and relationship psychology can change the way people find their most significant relationships. Do you want to bring happiness to people’s lives while working with amazingly talented colleagues?
We’re looking for innovators and problem solvers who are passionate about taking on the biggest of challenges. We were the first to introduce matchmaking into the online dating space, and we do it better than anyone else. We’re the Netflix where your movies have to like you back; we’re the LinkedIn where you love your connections; and we’re the place long-lasting, meaningful relationships are built online. How much of an impact do we have? Nearly 5% of all marriages in the U.S. are created by eHarmony. That’s 271 marriages per day.
eHarmony is pre-IPO, well-funded and profitable. We have more than 33 million registered users spanning across 150 countries and have launched country-specific services in the United Kingdom and Australia and through our affiliation with eDarling, have a presence in 11 countries throughout continental Europe. Our competitive compensation package includes a base salary, discretionary bonus, stock options, free drinks and snacks, ping pong, video games and an on-site chair masseuse. Our 65,000 square foot headquarters is located in Santa Monica, CA, just blocks from the Pacific Ocean.