Job Title: Android Engineer
Job location: San Francisco, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
We’re looking to hire our first Android developer. You will be responsible for building simple, elegant apps to delight our customers, but your impact won’t stop there. The software you build will have a direct impact on the lives of hundreds of cleaners every day, many of which use their Android phone exclusively to interact with our platform. Your apps will help them be more efficient, and get matched with even more jobs with Homejoy. Further providing dependable opportunities for our cleaners and their families.
- You think at scale
- Service-oriented, distributed web products feel like home to you
- You are a craftsman; you take pride in the clean code that you develop
Android Engineer | Requirements:
- You get excited about hacking real-world business problems – such as how to simplify the matching process between thousands of jobs and hundreds of cleaners, creating a simple user interface while clarifying customer expectations
- You have successfully released apps in the Android Market (please provide names)
- Fluency in Java and Object Oriented Programming
- Bachelors in CS, or equivalent experience
- Startup DNA a must
Android Engineer | Preferred:
- Web development experience
- Python experience
- Contributed to an open source software project; show us your Github account!
- Experienced a Homejoy cleaning and already know how we work as a client
- Very competitive pay, serious equity
- Health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- New machine and other needed hardware
- Daily catered breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus a break room fully stocked with snacks 24/7!
- Transit pass
- Weekly personal group trainer to help stay fit and healthy
- Fun team outings, including sporting events, happy hours, bowling competitions, BBQ’s and pizza parties
- Relocation expenses (if outside of the Bay Area)
- Relaxed working environment; we won’t judge if you want to come to work in your jammies!