Job Title: Android Developers
Job location: New York, NY
Employer: Fuzz Productions
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
Fuzz Productions is seeking Android Developers to join our mobile development team in Brooklyn. We are looking for people who have a solid technical foundation and care deeply about the quality of their work. In this role, the developers will work closely with the internal team (design, project management, QA) and clients to create compelling native apps in a fun and fast paced environment. He/she will also leverage their technical knowledge to signal out areas of concern within the project and provide alternatives that follow Android best practices.
Android Developer | Requirements:
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related field, or demonstrate a solid foundation in software development
- At least/approximately 2 plus years of solid experience in the field
- Ability to communicate clearly and keep us informed of your progress
- Adherence to schedules and deadlines
- Very good understanding of Java and Android lifecycle, garbage collection, and design patterns
- Demonstrable portfolio of Android apps you have worked on
- Experience targeting multiple Android devices (handset and tablet) from multiple manufacturers and across all OS versions
- Experience with HTTP and REST web services
- Experience debugging an Android app, including but not limited to: DDMS, Traceview, and Draw9 debugging
Fuzz designs and builds native iOS & Android apps that are frequently featured in Google Play and the Apple App Store. Fuzz has developed over 100 apps for clients including: Random House, Conde Nast, Songza, MTV, VH1, Xbox, L’Oreal, Men’s Health, Details Magazine and many more.
Fuzz is a young company that takes its work seriously while having fun at the same time. Everyone that works here loves what they do and the people they work with. We take frequent Mario-kart breaks, have our own keg, schedule weekly poker games and are just pretty darn awesome.