Job Title: Android Developer
Job location: Draper, UT
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
Android Developer | Responsibilities:
- Design, build and test complex Android apps using Java and the Android SDK for various interfaces including phones and tablets.
- Work with a highly talented group of engineers to build innovative applications for the Android platform.
- Write and execute unit tests for written code.
- Contribute to architecture discussions and technical documentation.
- Leading interaction design throughout the entire product lifecycle, from initial explorations through final design deliverables such as use cases, task flows, user interface elements, and prototypes.
- Translating usability and field research findings into design improvements.
- Practice various interface design visualization techniques such as personas, concept models, process diagrams, use-case models, mood boards, storyboards, wireframes, functional specifications, site maps, etc.
- Being accountable for the user interaction model, workflows, information architecture, schematics, and interface guidelines.
- Collaborating with product management and engineering to ensure smooth implementation throughout the product lifecycle.
- Communicating design strategy and rationale to key stakeholders.
- Contributing to a culture of innovation and teamwork.
Android Developer | Required Skills:
- Experience with XML, TCP-IP socket communication, XML parsing, web services in an Android environment.
- Experience designing user interfaces for TV set-top boxes, wireless touch screen devices, mobile phones, or kiosks in the consumer electronics field or related.
- Strong empathic skills–understands how and why an interface succeeds or fails and can spot likely problems in flow, layout, copy or presentation before they go into production.
- Values strong visual design and pays fanatical attention to the details that make the difference between a mundane and a delightful user experience.
- Able to quickly understand the constraints in a design problem, identify the tradeoffs and then communicate them to team.
- Ability to create testable paper prototypes and high-fidelity static prototypes.
- Self-starter who can work independently, as well as in teams that span multiple functions and/or departments.
- Ability to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
Android Developer | Qualifications
- BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, Industrial Design, HCI, Computer-related Design, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience as a key member of a design team participating in the complete product development life-cycle of successfully launched consumer and business software products.
- Deep understanding of Human Behavioral Sciences demonstrable by current experience, training, or course-work.
- Strong analytical skills, written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills.
- 1+ year of hands-on Android App development.
- 3+ years development experience using Java.
- At least one published and demonstrable App in the Android market in which you were a main contributor.
- Experience with the Android UI Layout, Database, Multi-Threaded, and Android Framework.
- Experience with UI and OO design and development.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and team skills in small agile development groups.
ON-RAMPING TASKS & OBJECTIVES (First 30 Days):
- Develop a working knowledge of the Control4 Android app, begin scoping the development effort for the next generation of features and begin development.
INITIAL CORE OBJECTIVES (Next 90 Days):
- Get the next generation Android App base functionality developed and into PQA testing.
SEMI-ANNUAL KEY OBJECTIVES (Next 6 Months):
- Release updated Android App with Listen & Watch improvements per our ongoing roadmap.
Control4, a leading provider of the operating system for the smart home, has an immediate need for a Sr. Android Developer to work within our Listen & Watch team.