Job Title: Android Developer
Job location: San Francisco, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
Have a passion for mobile development on Android and want to join a small team where you can play a pivotal role in an app used by millions? You may have just found a perfect opportunity.
Scribd is already one of the largest applications on the web, and now we are making an aggressive push into mobile. We have apps for Android phones in the app store, but they are only the first step in a much larger vision we are working to achieve.
Scribd’s vision is to be the world’s digital library, and we want to make our library the most comprehensive, accessible, and fun to use store of knowledge for every device. To do that, we need to make an amazing reading experience for all kinds of written content, get offline & syncing exactly right, and build a content discovery experience that always find you something you actually want to read. Some of the immediate projects we’re working on now include: building a tablet version of the Android app, integrating social features from the website, and designing a new PDF reader from scratch.
You can check out what we’ve built so far at the link below. We have millions of users already but only a tiny team supporting Android apps for every device. We’re going to need more help to get to our vision.
Scribd Android app on Google Play
Android Developer | Requirements:
- Strong experience with Android development
- Successful released apps in the Android Market (please include names)
- Good understanding of Java and best programming practices for Java environments
- Prior work experience as a software engineer, internships OK
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Understanding of scalability, systems engineering, and algorithms
- Great product sense and design sense
Android Developer | Preferred:
- Experience building apps in the general reading space, such as eBooks, news, and PDF apps
- Experience with web development, ability to work on back-end development as well
- Experience working on large-scale or popular Android apps
- Experience with iOS development