Job Title: Android Developer
Job location: Palo Alto, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
We are looking for someone who wants to revolutionize the way people manage their money. This is a fantastic opportunity for Android developers with an eye for great UX and a passion for delivering great features.
Android Developer | Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for architecting, building, iterating and managing our android applications. The core focus will be on creating beautiful and clean mobile experiences
- You will work closely with designers and product managers throughout all stages of the product cycle. You should have an insatiable hunger for learning new things, and a strong appetite for iterating quickly, measuring and learning from your work. If you’re a critical thinker with a good design sense, a strong technical background, and an eye for making things better, then this is the role for you.
Android Developer | Requirements:
- 1-2 years of experience in Android development with an app in the Android market that you are proud of.
- Solid understanding of the intricacies of the Android platform
- Proficient in the following technologies:
- Java language and related frameworks
- Multi-Threading and memory management specific to mobile devices
- Experience with Git, Mercurial, or other source control management
- Have experience or strong familiarity with Android mobile development of both native and web apps.
- Ability to code any custom, cutting edge Android mobile applications, from scratch, with minimal supervision. Experience with inter-process communication, Java and native services, accelerometer, gyro, GPS, other sensors, camera, web services, and location based services are needed.
- Experience optimizing, refactoring, and debugging views and layout hierarchies with a focus on pragmatic Android layout development/design including custom themes, styles, attributes, and other resources.
- An insatiable hunger for metrics and measuring and understanding what drives the millions of users that will be using your product. You know how you’d optimize a conversion funnel, and A/B testing is second nature to you.
- Fluent in writing both self-documented and well-documented code, explaining methods in good English.
- Self-motivated, but can excel in a team-based environment. Strong initiative and enthusiasm.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field is a plus