Job Title: Android Developer
Job location: Austin, TX
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
We’re a start-up. We’re building the future of fitness applications on both the web and mobile. MapMyFitness is consistently ranked among the top fitness apps in the world, with 6 million+ members, four+ star iTunes and Android app ratings, and partnerships with NBC, Humana, and Skechers (more coming soon!). We’re looking for only the best developers to join our team.
Android Mobile Developer | Responsibilities:
You’re a professional software developer. You know computer science regardless of whether you learned it academically, professionally, or by hacking on your own. You explore the breadth of the system and the landscape of available technologies. At the same time, you maintain a laser focus on producing customer value. You crave feedback from your peers and your users. You continually form hypotheses and seek to validate or invalidate them in production by shipping small changes frequently. Your teamwork displays an appreciation for both the spirit and the letter of Agile process. You work hard, and you continually seek ways to work smarter. You gush with optimism without allowing blind spots to prevent you from seeing risks. You avoid the temptation to plagiarize this paragraph as your cover letter. You realize that nobody achieves these ideals, but you try yourself anyway.
Android Developer | Requirements:
- Java with an emphasis on OO design patterns (MVC, Factory, Command)
- Android (Android Services, Broadcast Receiver, and Android Activity Lifecycle)
- Can perform a stirring recitation of Android’s user interface guidelines upon request
- Working with RESTful APIs and JSON is second nature
- 2-5 years of experience
- Test-driven development
- Agile planning and estimation
Android Mobile Developer | Preferred:
- Objective-C and iOS
- Mobile web ninja skills (ie, has scripted a custom gesture using touch events)
- Math whiz, ability to wield noise filters at will
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
- SQL, the ability to dig into data
- Testing tools (JUnit, Robotium)
This position can be based out of our downtown Austin, TX office or our Denver, CO office at 18th and Blake Street.
We provide medical and dental insurance for you, and we share the cost of premiums for your family. Top performers may be eligible for bonuses and equity options. We reimburse you for up to $500 in health & fitness related expenses per year (gym memberships, ski passes, running shoes, cycling gear, etc).