Job Title: iOS Developer
Job location: Mountain View, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
We have an immediate opening for an iOS Developer for our Titanium Mobile SDK. You’ll have a chance to work on the hottest mobile cloud platform on the market, Titanium, which enables hundreds of developers to develop hundreds-of-thousands of Mobile Applications that are used by millions of users globally!
You’d call yourself a “Developer” but we both know that barely describes what you do.
You’re a researcher. You develop standards. You review code. You’ve seen and done a lot and have that intuitive, gut feel for how things work. On top of that, you can communicate all of this to other people.
You call yourself a “Developer”, but that’s only because after awhile you’d have to use too many adjectives to describe what you do.
Pleased to meet you. We need to get together and discuss what you really do. Everything. Because we need some pile of adjectives like you.
Who are we? We’re Appcelerator. Appcelerator is the leading platform for rapidly developing native mobile and tablet applications using web technologies. We have big plans for growth and are aggressively hiring for our HQ office. Appcelerator’s flagship product, Titanium, is a free and open source application development platform that lets you create native mobile and tablet application experience using web development skills. This is an opportunity to join one of the hottest fast-growing start-ups in the mobile industry (in our opinion).
In fact, Appcelerator was just selected as a finalist in one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area 2012 by the Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal. If you’re the right kind of person, you probably already knew this (or looked it up on the internet).
iOS Developer | Responsibilities:
- Create, write, document, and implement APIs in Objective C for the iOS (you know, if the title of this post didn’t give that away).
- Explain, patiently, to other people just what you write, documented, and implemented.
- Review code, write unit tests, and otherwise assist in testing.
- Write blog posts to communicate platform updates to the developer community.
iOS Developer | Requirements:
- 4+ years as a Developer.
- Strong C++/Objective C experience. You need to be able to write APIs and similar code.
- Experience developing on a platform and/or framework level
- Previous revision control experience with tools like Github.
- Experience with tracking tools like Jira (actually, we prefer Jira since we kind of use it a lot).
- Ability to work with a geographically distributed team.
- Work to improve your skills and knowledge, and assist others.
iOS Developer | Preferred:
- Java experience.
- Git and Github experience.
- Experience with open source development – and communicating about it.
- Experience in Mobile (yeah, we know, kind of obvious)
- Writing experience – blogs, documents.
- Certifications in platform development technologies, such as Appcelerator’s TCAD certification (we’re a bit biased, what can we say).
Show us! URLs for sites that use your work, projects you’re proud of on GitHub, answers on Stack Overflow, or sample code are all acceptable ways to impress in advance.
If you are in search of an opportunity for a company that fosters innovation and creativity, while delivering cutting edge mobile technologies, then visit jobs.appcelerator.com to learn more about our open positions and submit your resume today.
Appcelerator is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other protected characteristics.
Appcelerator is the leading platform for rapidly developing native mobile and tablet applications using web technologies. We have big plans for growth and are aggressively hiring for our HQ office. Appcelerator’s flagship product, Titanium, is a free and opensource application development platform that lets you create native mobileand tablet application experience using web development skills. This is an opportunity to join one of the hottest fast-growing start-ups in the mobile industry!