Job Title: Android Developer
Job location: San Francisco, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
Join our team of Android and take on this unique opportunity to delight millions of mobile and TV users. If you are a developer who has the skills and passion needed to build awesome mobile and TV experiences on existing Android mobile phones and emerging Android based TV platforms then this is the position for you.
Android Developer | Responsibilities:
- Implement parts of the VEVO Android app and build Android based TV apps from the ground up
- Collaborate closely with the product management team to define and implement features
- Identify and resolve incompatibly issues between the wide range of Android versions and devices.
- Work with partners to implement video streaming technologies
Android Developer | Requirements:
- Expert-level knowledge of Android with at least 3-years of experience developing Android-based applications and/or products.
- Knowledge of Android’s common software design patterns, including the ones needed to develop connected applications with high-performing UI.
- Deep understanding of the internals of the Android frameworks.
- Proficient in Java, C++, and embedded Linux
- Familiar with JNI
- Strong object-oriented design
- Multimedia/video streaming experience a plus
- Security/DRM experience a plus
- Able to work independently and drive results
- At least 5 years of relevant experience and a BS degree in computer science or equivalent
VEVO is an equal opportunity employer.
We value innovative, self-driven, fast moving individuals with a passion for music and music videos. We foster a collaborative environment where you have a say in what gets built. When we say we move fast, we’re not kidding. Working at VEVO is fun, challenging, fast-paced, and always changing.