Job Title: iOS Engineer
Job location: New York, NY
Employment Type: Telecommute Job
Storybird is a venture-backed company focused on storytelling.
Our platform lets anyone make art-inspired stories in seconds and has become one of the world’s fastest-growing story platforms—an indispensable tool for millions of writers, readers, and artists. It’s also attracted the same investors behind Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and Pinterest.
We’re hiring an iOS Engineer to take ownership of our apps and work with other engineers to build web services for the apps.
We want a C/Obj-C expert with strong experience in building web-service backed applications and experience with/passion for polished, high caliber UIKit-based apps. Experience in other programming languages is a win, as is a sharp sense for product development.
iOS Engineer | Responsibilities:
- Write and maintain elegant code
- Continually improve our iOS applications
- Design and code features that define how people experience Storybird
iOS Engineer | Requirements:
- Expertise with Obj-C, with experience in other languages
- Experience working with a RESTful api backend
- A history of high quality production iOS apps
- Ability to turn initial designs into functioning features
- Passion (as seen in your apps and side-projects)
- Easy-going personality (team fit is crucial)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (we value clarity)
- Results focused (you maintain a high signal to noise ratio)
This job is open to North American candidates. (We are a distributed team with concentrations in New York and Toronto.)
Why work at Storybird?
Technically, we’re building a real-time publishing platform with the same challenges as Twitter, Tumblr, and Pinterest. We have dozens of heady, challenging projects and features.
Aesthetically, our environment is visually rich with beautiful assets: art, stories, and an elegant UI. What do you want your code attached to?
Intellectually, the platform gives voice to writers and artists around the world and operates at the fundamentals of imagination and literacy. That can’t be bad.
Practically, we’re a seasoned team with an unfussy work style and a commitment to great chocolate. (We’re a bit biased towards dark chocolate, but milk-chocolate lovers are welcome too.)