Job Title: iOS Engineer
Job location: Mountain View, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
Coursera is seeking iOS developers to build the future of mobile education. Working in a small team of engineers and designers, you will bring a compelling classroom experience to the touchscreen. You will be responsible for the design and architecture of mobile applications from the ground up.
Applicants should have experience building polished, beautiful iOS apps for distribution on the Apple app store. You don’t have to be familiar with every technology we use, but a good grasp of the basics and the ability to learn quickly is necessary. Most importantly, we seek talented engineers and who are passionate about providing a delightful and engaging student experience to millions of people around the world.
iOS Engineer | Responsibilities:
- Create an innovative and delightful mobile classroom experience
- Design and interact with backend service endpoints
- Support multiple devices
- Analyze trade-offs across options for app technology and architecture
iOS Engineer | Requirements:
- Proven ability to build beautiful apps
- Expertise with the iOS operating system
- Experience with hybrid apps that blend web and native technologies
- Experience building mobile apps with a significant back-end component
Coursera (www.coursera.org) is a social entrepreneurship company that partners with the top universities in the world to offer courses online for anyone to take, for free. We envision a future where the top universities are educating not only thousands of students, but millions. Our technology enables the best professors to teach tens or hundreds of thousands of students. Through this, we hope to give everyone access to the world-class education that has so far been available only to a select few. We want to empower people with education that will improve their lives, the lives of their families, and the communities they live in.
Why work at Coursera?
- People: Work on a team of smart, creative, and fun people from different countries, disciplines and backgrounds committed to changing the global educational landscape.
- Environment: Work in an open, causal, and highly collaborative environment. We have free lunch and dinner too!
- Challenging Problems: Work on really challenging problems that will change the world.