Job Title: Mobile Engineer
Job location: San Francisco, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
At Asana we are building a shared task list for teams in an effort to re-imagine the way people work together. As knowledge workers, we and our loved ones spend most of our time living in programs (email, calendar, document editors, etc.) that help us move and manage data, and get things done. This is an opportunity to improve that part of our lives.
As a Mobile Software Engineer, you will be responsible for taking the Asana mobile experience to the next level. As Asana, we care deeply about creating a superlative user experience, down to those little details that matter. We also work hard to maintain a codebase and a culture that are a joy to work in. We are looking for someone with the experience to unlock the responsiveness of native applications and the desire to improve upon the way they are written. You will be combining tried and true mobile best practices with many of the innovative ideas that our in-house framework, Luna, already offers to web applications. Luna eliminates the need to write separate “frontend” and “backend code” while ensuring that every feature is immediately responsive and syncs in real-time by default.
Mobile Engineer | Requirements:
- Experience building iOs and/or Android applications
- Knowledge of web technologies
- Sound judgment for balancing between scrappiness and long-term code maintainability
- Strong CS fundamentals
Mobile Engineer | Preferred:
- Derive joy from abstracting and refactoring
- Extensive experience building apps for the iOS platform; AND/OR the Android platform
- Personal projects that demonstrate your experience building mobile applications