Job Title: Mobile Engineer
Job location: Palo Alto, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
Mobile Engineer | Responsibilities:
- Design and implement client code for location-based services on smart phones.
- Coordinate with server-side engineers to design efficient, flexible APIs.
Mobile Engineer | Requirements:
- Guru of all things mobile. You are the one everyone comes to for advice about Objective C or how to get the physics of the accelerometer right. You care about these devices, so you have written code for several platforms, even though you didn’t really have to.
- You know when data should be stored locally and how to do it. You also understand when a server is needed, and you can write that code too.
- You have written code for interacting with the analog world – GPS, accelerometer, voice analysis, imaging, magnetometer, it doesn’t really matter. The point is that you think about the way devices interact with the world we live in.
- You have a good sense of how people want to use mobile technology, and what will and won’t work.
- If you have experience with back-end web engineering, so much the better. It may not be your primary responsibility, but it’s great perspective.
- At least two years’ experience writing software for major mobile platforms (iPhone, RIM, Symbian, Windows Mobile, Android, etc.).
- Some iPhone and/or Android development experience, preferably with applications in the app store.
- Strong sense of usability and passion for user interface.
- BSCS or MSCS.
- Experience with location-based services, GPS, etc. preferred.
- Experience with multiple mobile platforms preferred.
- Experience writing server-side code in a modern language (e.g. Python, Ruby), and interest in server-side development, strongly preferred.
shopkick is the largest location-based shopping app. Within one year from launch, 2.5 million users signed up in the U.S., 10 retail partners, including Target, Best Buy, Macy’s, Crate & Barrel, American Eagle, Sports Authority, Toys R Us, Simon Malls and others, and 20 brands (P&G, Unilever, Kraft, Colgate, Clorox, Disney, HP, Intel).
shopkick’s vision is to completely transform shopping at physical stores for consumers, using mobile phones’ location awareness, unprecedented personalization capabilities, and social/viral features. It is based in Palo Alto, founded by mobile and consumer experts, with investors Kleiner Perkins and Reid Hoffman/Greylock (founder and Chairman of LinkedIn, and early stage investor in Facebook and Zynga) behind it.
shopkick addresses the no. 1 issue of all physical retailers: driving foot traffic. shopkick has created a game-changing mobile app that the Wall Street Journal named as one of the Top 10 Apps among 450,000 on Apple’s App Store. It won the runner-up Crunchie award for the best social commerce app by TechCrunch, and Fast Company named it one of the Top 10 Most Innovative Companies In Retail along with Apple, Amazon.com and Starbucks.
shopkick’s approach is the future of how consumers shop. Do you want to be part of a team that sets out to transform one of the largest industries in the world?