Job Title: Mobile Engineer
Job location: San Mateo, CA
Employer: Motif Investing
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
At Motif Investing, we make it easy for you to invest in your ideas. We realize that you see great investing ideas everyday, whether you’re inspired by the latest technology gadget, or a news story on a global trend, but something—time, research, inertia—stops you from acting on those ideas. At Motif Investing, we believe that ideas not only move the world, but that they also make the best investments.
We are a venture backed startup based in San Mateo, California and are looking for passionate self-starters who will stop at nothing to democratize investing and empower millions of people. This is an opportunity for a world-class Mobile Engineer to use the latest technologies to create and deploy features for a innovative personal investing platform. You will be responsible for the mobile experience from server integration to native app interfaces as we bring our new investing approach to the mobile platforms.
The ideal candidate will have experience building scalable, responsive and elegant mobile applications. He/she should have a proven career of developing high quality code and exhibit strong software engineering skills. He/she must have a passion for delivering technical and complex applications through intuitive user interfaces.
Mobile Engineer | Responsibilities:
- Design and implement superb mobile interfaces using cutting edge modern technologies
- Collaborate with the product team and back-end developers to push the limits of existing mobile technologies and create the best possible user experience
- Create rapid mobile prototypes as needed for evaluation
- Partner with all functional groups to ensure that the software delivered is high quality and easy to manage in a production environment
- Participate in all aspects of an iterative software development process, including: scoping, detailed design, effort estimation, coding, testing, debugging, maintenance and support
Mobile Engineer | Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Experience building and shipping mobile applications for the iPhone and Android platforms
- Experience with launching and supporting consumer facing products
- Fluent with Objective-C and Java
- Proficient with mobile development platforms
- Financial industry experience with electronic trading systems a plus