Job Title: iOS Developers
Job location: Provo, UT
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
We are looking for an experienced iOS DEVELOPER to join our incredibly talented engineering team to help us build powerful, compelling, and immersive Apps for iPhone and iPad. This position is for Provo, Utah.
iOS Developers | Responsibilities
You will be responsible for helping create, maintain, and evolve cutting-edge iPhone and iPad Apps using Objective-C and the iOS SDK.
iOS Developers | Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent degree or experience)
- At least two years of professional experience developing applications or web sites with object oriented languages
- At least one year of experience developing iPhone Apps for a company or on your own
- Ability to demonstrate one or more existing iPhone Apps that you were instrumental in building
- Strong skills in the following technologies:
- iOS SDK
- UIKit and Core Animation
- Core Data
- RESTful Web Services
- XML and JSON
- Strong understanding of good object-oriented development practices
- Understanding of Scrum and Agile software development processes
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies; self-starter
- Good communication skills; ability to provide clear documentation
- Ability to work with Product Management, QA, and other development teams
- Analytical and adept at problem solving with strong attention to detail
- Ability to create simple and intuitive user experiences that cut through complex, data-rich problems.
iOS Developers | Preferred:
- Android App development with Java and the Android SDK
- Web application development experience with C# and ASP.NET
Ancestry.com (NASDAQ: ACOM) is the world’s largest online resource for family history. We have helped pioneer the market for online family history research, taking a pursuit that was expensive and time-consuming and making it easy, affordable and accessible to anyone with an interest in their family history. The foundation of our service is an extensive collection of billions of historical records that we have digitized, indexed and put online over the past 15 years. These digital records and documents, combined with our proprietary online search technologies, tools and collaboration features, have enabled our more than one and half million subscribers to create nearly 30 million family trees that contain nearly 8 billion profiles, make meaningful discoveries about the lives of their ancestors. With over 1,000 employees around the world, we are committed to hiring the very best talent. We are known for our cutting-edge technology, phenomenal innovation, and we offer a compelling and rewarding workplace where you will thrive. We seek out passionate people to join our mission of helping people discover, preserve and share their family history.