Job Title: Android Engineer
Job location: Palo Alto, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
As an Android Engineer at Smule you’ll be crafting our next generation, massively social, massively multiplayer musical creation experience. Smule’s apps are top performers in the iTunes store and in the news–the apps you help create will be enjoyed by millions. Our development cycle is rapid, iterative, and collaborative.
Android Engineer | Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in CS and 1+ years of Android development on multiple target devices, and 2+ years experience with C++
- Self-starter, strong sense of ownership, get’s things done.
- Fun, positive attitude. Great communication skills and a healthy desire for collaboration.
Android Engineer | Preferred:
- A knack for creating compelling UIs.
- Game development and design experience.
- Non-trivial experience with the specific tech we use: OpenGL ES, Audio, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, RESTful APIs
- Agile (no make that ‘chaos’) friendly outlook on life
- Flexible, cross functional, outstanding learner. Ready, willing, and able to jump into any conquer any challenge at this crazy startup.
- Passion for something that Smule is about: music, games, social experiences, outstanding software
Smule’s mission is to connect the world through music. We create social music-making experiences for everyone, no talent required. We love music and believe that everyone is inherently creative. Our dream is to bring people from all over the world together to share in the joy of creating music, with a little help from the magic of technology. We’re the #1 developer of music-based mobile applications including AutoRap, I Am T-Pain 2.0, LaDiDa, MadPad, Magic Guitar, Magic Piano, Ocarina, Sing!, Songify, and Strum.