Job Title: iOS Lead Developer
Job Location: New York, NY
Employment Type: Full Time
The ideal candidate will be able to architect, develop and debug parts of, or complete apps utilizing Apple’s iOS SDK. The candidate may need to take lead on projects and delegate tasks to other developers on the team. They will be required to solve problems and assist in debugging issues with other developers. Will need to estimate overall timelines and risks to management as well as participate in design meetings to speak to the feasibility of design requirements.
iOS Developer | Responsibilities:
The candidate will be responsible to see that the projects assigned to them are completed on time and as designed. They will be required to spot problems and bring them to management’s attention as soon as possible. They must be able to interact with other disciplines (creative, backend services, etc) and developers to clearly specify when required elements are due in order to deliver on schedule.
iOS Developer | Requirements:
- Experience with the current version of the iOS SDK with at least two apps in the App Store.
- Experience working with standard iOS interface components such as table views, navigation controllers, various button and control types, etc. as well as creating custom interface elements.
- Experience working with Core graphics and Core animations.
- Complete understanding of Cocoa programing methodologies and memory management.
- Experience with Interface Builder with at least one app created using Interface Builder as the primary UI tool.
- Experience with web services with either json or xml formatted return data.
- An understanding of block and/or multi-threaded based programing concepts.
- Experience with source control systems such as svn.
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
iOS Developer | Preferred:
- Familiarity with Apple’s enterprise developer accounts and ad-hoc distribution on standard developer accounts.
- Experience with AV media frameworks.
- Experience with networking frameworks.
- Experience with Objective-C blocks and/or multi-threaded apps.
- Experience with SQL based database systems and/or Core data technologies.