Job Title: iPhone Developers
Job location: New York, NY
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
Foursquare is seeking an experienced iOS developer to join our mobile engineering group. You will help build out our flagship iPhone app, which is changing the way millions of users engage with the people and places around them. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fluid start-up environment and will bring and an energetic, fun, and creative approach to their work.
The position is available in both our headquarters in New York City and our engineering office in San Francisco.
iPhone Developers | Responsibilities:
- Help lead the development of our game-changing iOS applications
- Collaborate closely with our product managers, designers, and server engineers to help shape the evolution of the foursquare service
- Solve challenging client performance and scaling issues
- Use expert knowledge of the iOS platform to help guide design and engineering decisions
- Make continual improvements to our iterative development model
- Improve unit testing and continuous integration processes
- Prioritize a wide variety of work tasks with your teammates
iPhone Developers | Requirements:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years building consumer-facing web or mobile software
- Fluency with Objective-C and Cocoa
- Knowledge of cutting-edge iOS technologies
- Familiarity with Ruby, Python, Bash, Git, Java, Scala, and continuous integration practices a plus
- Ability to work in the US (H-1B transfers and TNs OK)
Our goal is to make the real world easier to use. We’re a small but highly ambitious company with millions of users worldwide relying on foursquare to keep up with friends, discover what’s nearby, save money and unlock deals. We’re also helping half a million registered businesses ranging from local merchants to global brands connect with their customers.
To thrive as a member of team foursquare, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment. We’re a close-knit team and, especially at the end of a long day over beers, we feel like we’re inventing the future together.