Job Title: Android Engineer
Job location: San Francisco, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
Bring your passion for building great apps to a place that’s hyper focused on creating the leading discovery and reading experience for the leader in digital content distribution. We love confident developers who want to build the future of mobile digital magazine engagement as an elegant and thoughtful customer experience using intelligent development of rich user interfaces and supporting web services. When executed well, your desire to constantly invent solutions and evolve the development process will result in more customers who consume our premium content on their Android devices with your Zinio app.
Android Engineer | Responsibilities:
As a skilled mobile engineer on our Android team, we’re counting on you to:
- Drive the implementation of our Android app: UI layer, MVC components, rich media handling, security, and web service client access
- Work closely with the Content Platform and Service Platform teams on service APIs and content access
- Design and develop code using the best practices and tools
- Review and document code before it is integrated into the main source line
- Create elegant, amazing user experiences through great technology and craftsmanship
Android Engineer | Requirements:
You’ll need an impressive track record (4+ years) of designing and delivering mobile, desktop or web apps in a production environment, plus:
- 2+ years’ experience developing complex native apps for Android (Ice Cream Sandwich and above)
- Successfully released and maintained Android apps in Google Play
- Fluency in Java
- Solid Android SDK development experience (touch, graphics, audio/video, content providers, data storage, memory management, screen independence, and localization)
- Experience developing with Java backends, RESTful web services and XML
- Experience with modern software engineering best practices: Agile/Scrum, TDD, CI/CD, peer code reviews, etc.
- Preferred – WebGL and WebCL experience
- Preferred – Rich media management: content streaming, video and 2D image manipulation
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related
- Highly competitive compensation includes a strong base salary and great benefits
- Innovative, high growth culture
- Fun, flexible and casual environment
- Near all major San Francisco transportation: BART, buses, ferry boats, etc.
- Great people
Zinio, LLC. is based in San Francisco with offices in New York City and Barcelona and is revolutionizing digital publishing and marketing services. Our products and services enable readers to experience popular publications in digital format. Our evolving technology platform brings published content to life with video, audio, flash, links, highlighting, search and other interactivity directly to screens around the world. We work with over 1700 consumer magazines from 350 publishers and have 4 million subscribers around the world. Prominent publishing clients include Hearst, Hachette Filipacchi, McGraw-Hill, Playboy, Primedia, World Publications, Ziff Davis, and IDG. This is an emerging business and Zinio has assumed a leadership position in this dynamic industry sector. If being part of a team that is rebuilding its core business and technology solutions is exciting to you, then we want to have you on our team!
SF Financial District, near all major transportation: BART, ferry boats, buses, and amenities.
Professional and innovation driven working environment. We’re here to have the top mobile global application across all mobile platforms.