Job Title: iOS Engineer
Job location: San Francisco, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time Job
Foodspotting is the first and leading mobile app for finding and rating dishes. We’re looking for a design-minded iPhone developer who is relentless about the implementation details that will make Foodspotting easiest way to stumble upon good food wherever you go.
As part of a small, agile development team, you’ll have the opportunity to shape a product and business model from its earliest days in a fun, flexible and of course food-filled environment.
iOS Engineer | Requirements:
- Show us that you’ve built, shipped and refined high quality apps for iPhone, Android and/or other platforms.
- You’ve created dynamic apps and know how to create a seamless conversation between client and server via RESTful APIs.
- You have an eye for good design and know when a pixel is out of place.
- You respect the respective human interface guidelines and put them to use, but also know how and when to extend them.
- Your code is logical, streamlined and elegant.
- You’ve demonstrated that you can manage finite resources well: Memory, battery life, data usage and users’ patience.
iOS Engineer | Preferred:
- You can develop for more than one platform — or aren’t afraid to try — and create apps that look and feel native to each.
- You can create your own visual UI assets that look and feel like native controls.
- You’re not afraid to tackle the complexities of location-based app development head on, such as working with large data sets, targeting information based on context and location, tastefully putting push notifications to use.
- You’re attentive to metrics and user needs and can measure the impact of design decisions.
- You can balance user requests with the bigger vision for Foodspotting.